Model 1894 question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Model 1894 question

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

Looked at a Winchester Model 1894 today at the local candy store. :D It has approximate 20"barrel, 38-55 chambering, button magazine, pinned front sight, curved butt plate, graduated rear sight and a tang sight. The muzzle was worn at least 1/2" down, strong rifling otherwise. blued finish was about 50-60%, some minor rusting with no pitting. The wood was refinished, A LONG time ago and needs restoring again. Action was fairly tight and serviceable.

.................the price you say?

A MEASLY $2800.00

I said thank you and handed it back. :roll: Thanks, but no thanks. I thought it was a nice piece, but not for that price.

He wouldn't let me take pictures. :x

Serial range 185,XXX

What say you?
Last edited by CEMENTHEAD on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Model 1894 question

Post by Pete44ru »

I think our local (RI) candystore owners have been into the nose candy...................................

I was looking at a similar example here locally just last year, with the SN area overstamped with "WRA Co", that the asking was North of $5K..... :roll:

CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Model 1894 question

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

:? OHHH, the "WRA Co" overstamp is where the serial # is, OK got it now. They're not the same gun.
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!