OT-Win. 1300 XTR

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

OT-Win. 1300 XTR

Post by pwl44m »

This is another one of the guns I got yesterday. It has some rust on it but not as bad as the Rossi. The receiver is not steel so it has no rust.
The picture of the barrel with the writing is what I hav already cleaned with 4-O steel wool. It is coming out pretty good.It will be a good looking Gun when I get it all cleaned up. Not much more to say. Look at the Pics.
Win.1300XTR #2 001.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Hobie

Re: OT-Win. 1300 XTR

Post by Hobie »

I think the 1300s (and 1200s, 120s, and Rangers) are good enough guns. I own one myself and used to shoot skeet with a pair of 1400s.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Hobie , refresh Me , Is the 1400 the Auto version ?
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

They are brill guns, I miss mine. It took alot of game and varmints.

Fastest slide action there is, the mechanism sorta unlocks itself on fireing, all ya gotta do is shut it again :D

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

pwl44m wrote:Hobie , refresh Me , Is the 1400 the Auto version ?
Yes. One can actually use the 1400 barrels on the 1200s but not the reverse unless you want a manually operated gun.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Halfbreed
Levergunner

Post by Halfbreed »

During my dove shooting heydays over 20 years ago I owned several shotguns including a few pump guns including a Browning BPS, Remington 870, SKB 7300, Mossberg 500, Winchester 1300 XTR Featherweight. Of them all I hung onto the model 1300 XTR as it was the most reliable, and smoothest of the bunch after shooting 200 rounds a day thru each for several weeks and even months. I'd recommend one without hesitation.
For all the things that were written aforetime were written for our instruction, that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope. Romans 15:4
All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness. 2Timothy 3:16
jlchucker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jlchucker »

I agree with Hobie and others. The Model 1300, and the 1200's that preceded it are decent guns. I had a Model 1200 that I bought new, along with a spare deer-slug barrel. When I bought it, I thought I needed a 30 inch full-choke barrel. That one didn't get used, but a shorter, improved cylinder barrel became a permanent fixture on that gun. Later I got rid of it, thinking that a BPS would be better for me, a lefty. NOT. Now and then 1300's, 1200's and 1400's come up for sale at bargain prices. If you need a decent shotgun and don't want to spend much, these are decent shotguns. Back in the day, gunrag writers didn't like them, though.