Redding, CA (far northern) GUN SHOW MARCH 1 & 2 (pics!)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Redding, CA (far northern) GUN SHOW MARCH 1 & 2 (pics!)

Post by Shasta »

If you're not too far away from northern California you might want to attend the annual Redding Breakfast Lions Club Gun & Antique Show March 1 & 2, 2008 at the Redding Convention Center. It's not real big in size, but it does have quality stuff. No G.I. surplus vendors or flea mart booths allowed!

As with most gun shows the prices tend to be high, but good deals can be found. Last year I saw a Browning '92 .357 in mint shape sell for $525, a minty 1980 vintage Marlin 1894C .357 sold for $300, a super nice Lefever 12 gauge double sold for $150, a nice clean vintage Winchester Model 94 in .38-55 sold for $1,100, and $1,100 for a refinished '95 winchester 30-06 with an original Lyman 38 rear sight.

Personally I bought some bullet moulds for $10-$15 each, primers from $5 to $16 per thousand, 400 new Remington .45-70 brass at $30 hundred, and a bunch of other reloading stuff at equally reasonable prices.

Upstairs they have a regular antique show that is popular with the folks who are not so much into guns, and just behind the Convention Center is the now-famous Sundial Bridge over the Sacramento River.

Here are some pictures (taken with vendor permission) from last year:

[/img]Image

Shasta
Senior Levergunner

Post by Shasta »

BTT- Anybody planning to go?
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

What are the local accomodations as far as motels? I wanted to make last year, and I'm going to try again this year.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Shasta
Senior Levergunner

Post by Shasta »

Marlinman- Here is a link to local motels. Redding is a small city of 90,000 and none of the motels is more than 10 minutes from the convention center. The closest one is the River Inn Motor Hotel, only a few hundred yards away. There are lots of restaurants too!

Come on down!! :)

http://www.reddinghotels.worldweb.com/index.html
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Shasta, thanks for posting the excellent pics!

-Tutt
Shasta
Senior Levergunner

Post by Shasta »

And a THANKS! back at you Tutt for you excellent thread reporting on the SHOT Show. Very interesting and informative. Keep 'em coming! :D
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Shasta, thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to take pics of your gun show, and yes, sometimes I wish others would take the time as well as you or I. Pics are worth a thousand words, and pics and words together, a hundred million. Thanks Buddy!

-Tutt
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I would LOVE to go, Shasta, but this chemo/radiation thing has me wasted. I haven't even been on the computer in several days. Spend my time between the bed and the couch, but that's s'posed to be every man's dream, eh? :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln