POLITICS - Mitt Romney dropping out

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
petie
Levergunner

POLITICS - Mitt Romney dropping out

Post by petie »

Just announced on CNN's website. Sure seems early for him to give it up.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

thats just fine, more room for my xgov Mike Huckabee.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

Well, that proves one thing..the office of President can't be bought. It takes more than money. That is a good think to know.
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

Sorry to hear that as I don't think Huck has much of a chance. Don't think we're left with much of a choice... :(
Tom

Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Like his speech on his religious faith, he bowed out in a classy way.

"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign, be a part of aiding a surrender to terror," Romney told the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington.

Hmmm, putting the country before his own personal interests. Are any of the other folks still in the race doing this???
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Good luck to him. Seems like a good guy.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

JerryB wrote:thats just fine, more room for my xgov Mike Huckabee.
Not so. Romney has only "suspended" his campaign, which allows him to keep his delegates. This basically insures that McCain will get the nomination. In other words, the Republican Party has already decided that McCain will get the nomination. It's totally CROOKED politics! Once again we will be forced to vote for the lesser of two evils. The American two-party system is an absolute failure!! :x

THE SOLUTION:
To become a candidate, one must go through a "playoff" structure. They must win (through popular vote) their city's nomination, then their county's nomination, then their state's nomination, then their region's nomination in order to be among the final candidates. The final candidates can only use a federally allotted campaign fund and only federally regulated publicity events and publications, so that everyone has an equal chance. The final election is decided by total popular vote.

All that being said, it will never happen. :(

Humbly,
bogie
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

McCain bought him off?
I wouldn't be surprised.

Good luck Pastor Mike.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

The final election is decided by total popular vote.
The Fathers took great pains to ensure this would not happen, hence the electorial college. Someone smarter than me can tell ya why, but it takes th edge away from the huge population areas (though, that's who I see doing the electing now :? )
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

BlaineG wrote:
The final election is decided by total popular vote.
The Fathers took great pains to ensure this would not happen, hence the electorial college. Someone smarter than me can tell ya why, but it takes th edge away from the huge population areas (though, that's who I see doing the electing now :? )
You're right. Upon further thought, the final election should still utilize the electoral college.

Thanks,
bogie
gary rice
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gary rice »

it's more like the establishment bought him off.
MikeS. wrote:McCain bought him off?
I wouldn't be surprised.

Good luck Pastor Mike.
g rice
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

MikeS. wrote:McCain bought him off?
I wouldn't be surprised.

Good luck Pastor Mike.
One would have to be a rich individual to buy off a multi millionaire!

I tend to take his statement at face value, he pulled out because of conviction that he would hurt the outcome of the race in the long run since he had come to the realization that he did not have the votes to get him elected.
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

picture

Post by brucew44guns »

Just one look at McCain and Billary recalled to me the time when Sarah Brady embraced Bill Clinton on stage in front of all the world at the Dem. convention. Looked like she wanted to be the next Monica, but just look at old McCain grinning at Hillary. Do they know something we don't????
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Post by bunklocoempire »

Smoke & mirrors, for any that care about what they're up to. http://www.cfr.org/publication/8138/bui ... unity.html This taken from the "think tank" that Hillary, Mitt, McCain, and Obama are associated with. Have a read, long but enlightening. Or just keep worryin' about dems vs. repubs. Of course one may just interpret this as good relations with our neighbors to the south and north. :roll:

Bunkloco
“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance, once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it.” Ron Paul