OT--Fatsco Stove

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

OT--Fatsco Stove

Post by Pitchy »

I picked up this small stove not long ago, it`s the Pet model.
I have it plumbed into the stove pipe in the cabin now and burn charcoal briquettes in it. If a guy made a box to put it in it would make a good camp stove i would think.
http://www.fatscostoves.com/

Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: OT--Fatsco Stove

Post by Blaine »

Be careful.....they leak unless they draw hard & are tight.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Cliff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Cliff »

Looks similar to a laundry stove. Was used in conjunction with copper clothes boilers for boiling clothing. Small fire back, burned hot, we used corn cobs. Could put out a lot of heat. Was also handy when properly tended for rendering out lard at hog butchering time. Don't know what happened to ours. Was kind of nice to warm up a living area on a cold winter morning until the main furnace could build up enough fire and coals to heat the house. They were handy things back in the day. We would mostly burn Elm in the furnace for house heating. Corn cobs put a lot heat fast little lasting power. ATB
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Cliff wrote:Looks similar to a laundry stove. Was used in conjunction with copper clothes boilers for boiling clothing. Small fire back, burned hot, we used corn cobs. Could put out a lot of heat. Was also handy when properly tended for rendering out lard at hog butchering time. Don't know what happened to ours. Was kind of nice to warm up a living area on a cold winter morning until the main furnace could build up enough fire and coals to heat the house. They were handy things back in the day. We would mostly burn Elm in the furnace for house heating. Corn cobs put a lot heat fast little lasting power. ATB
This thing is real small, bottom is coffee can size, these were used as boat stoves and fish house stoves so i`m not sure it`s the same thing your thinking of but maybe. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.