Haz Fee waived

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Haz Fee waived

Post by vancelw »

Right now Midsouth Shooters is offering to reimburse your Haz-Mat fee if you buy 5000 primers.
5HAZ is the code.
I ordered some last night. Looks like the shortage is temporarily over as all were in stock.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Haz Fee waived

Post by Blaine »

Good heads.....thnx
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Just wish I had the funds to take advantage of it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

J Miller wrote:Just wish I had the funds to take advantage of it.

Joe
Don't let the facts slow you down from your dreams :D
Grafs has some primers on sale for $119.95/5000 and I think they will waive the haz fee if you buy 16 lbs of powder. But I couldn't justify buying that many of any one size right now. :(
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I don't justify buying reloading components or supplies.
So buying more wouldn't bother me one bit.
However, my wallet scoffs at the idea of spending money it doesn't contain.
Especially since I have a rifle in the gunsmith for fixings and what funds I do have has to go there.

Ahhhh, to be rich and famous. Or just rich would be OK.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

".......and a camel could sooner pass thru the eye of a needle before a rich man goes to heaven....." :P :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by HEAD0001 »

I went to Midsouth and was going to order some more primers with that code. However their prices were just too high. They just added to their price and covered their butt for Haz. fee. I found CCI primers for $4 to $6 a 1000 cheaper than the internet price on MidSouth.

I think lower prices on some components is just around the corner. I bought 10,000 CCI small rifle primers at Cabela's last week for 19.99 a 1,000. That was a good deal. And Powder Valley is a good bit cheaper than Midsouth(at least on the ones I wanted to order).

I just wonder how much the wholesalers have to pay UPS for a Hazmat fee?? I would like to know what the real cost is. I have seen companies charge $15, $20, and $25 recently. Now which one is it?? I think it was all thought up to just be another profit center for shipper and wholealer?? Tom.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Wholesalers truck or train them. Many retailers get there's via truck delivery not via a carrier such as UPS. My boss man gets his once a month, with powder, and it is all via the wholesaler's truck. No HAZMAT fee that way.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

HEAD0001 wrote:I went to Midsouth and was going to order some more primers with that code. However their prices were just too high. They just added to their price and covered their butt for Haz. fee. I found CCI primers for $4 to $6 a 1000 cheaper than the internet price on MidSouth.

I think lower prices on some components is just around the corner. I bought 10,000 CCI small rifle primers at Cabela's last week for 19.99 a 1,000. That was a good deal. And Powder Valley is a good bit cheaper than Midsouth(at least on the ones I wanted to order).

I just wonder how much the wholesalers have to pay UPS for a Hazmat fee?? I would like to know what the real cost is. I have seen companies charge $15, $20, and $25 recently. Now which one is it?? I think it was all thought up to just be another profit center for shipper and wholealer?? Tom.
Cabela's sale is over. Anyway its $70 in gas to Cabelas and back, plus 8.25% sales tax. And I didn't need any small rifle primers. What I paid for Midsouth per box was less than I've seen primers go for in over two years. Yeah, I could buy them cheaper if I wanted to wait, and didn't want them delivered to my door.

Just giving a friendly notice to anyone that was interested. If you're not, that's okay too and I don't hate you for it.