Okay ..... Blue ribbon for one of the stranger looking guns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
antilley
Levergunner 1.0

Okay ..... Blue ribbon for one of the stranger looking guns

Post by antilley »

The Mosin is now ~7 inches shorter. (still need to lap in the crown)

Yes, we did shoot it first and found it to be a fun gun to shoot....

it was a 41 Russian with nothing special on it. Used stain / paper / tongue oil from another project .... and YES we did paint the barrel / receiver with Hi Temp Krylon. (it has been re-blued at some point and some of it was coming off) Not sure how it will do long term, but we can brush it off and do something like a duracoat if necessary down the road.

We don't have a big budget for guns and the son and I had fun. I think it looks better in person that the picture (we don't have a good camera either)

It will be a couple of months before we get the scout scope mounted on the dovetail from the rear sight (was not brazed on, but the rear pin was difficult to get out)

I know the collectors will cringe .... I think some of the bubba supporters might even think the thing is cheesy.

But, the kiddo and I like it ....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Okay ..... Blue ribbon for one of the stranger looking guns

Post by Stan in SC »

Looking good.The BKL 253 mount fits the rear sight dovetail and is rock solid.Mine is still right on after three years and a lot of shooting.
http://www.bkltech.com/BKL_253_3_Long_C ... kl-253.htm

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

antilley wrote:We don't have a big budget for guns and the son and I had fun. . . I know the collectors will cringe . . . But, the kiddo and I like it.
Not Important :|
All that Matters :mrgreen:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Let the collectors whine 50 years from now. :roll: Make it fit your needs now. :)
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Looks very cool in its own way.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...