On-T , "Win 1873" finally got one

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

On-T , "Win 1873" finally got one

Post by pwl44m »

This piece has been refinished. The Blue job is beautiful but the prep work is awful to say the least. It had some rust and there are deep file marks. The lettering is pretty much intact. Looks like someone was taking a Gunsmithing course and Flunked. The dust cover looks after market and fits real loose. Wood is not perfect but at least they didn't sand it. Looks like they pretty much left it alone. It has character the way it is. The mag tube mount fits real loose in the dove tail. The action is tight but the Lever has a little slop side to side. Butt Plate wasn't pushed all the way on before tightening screws so has a gap. These are all thigs that can be fixed except for the lowsey prep work which I can live with, ( It's a 73 and they don't make them anymore ).
Caliber is 32 W.C.F. Ser # indicates it was made in 1888 according to blue book. Will have to search the posts and find the one about other dates. Bore is nasty but hopefully will clean up to shootable. This is the Gun I have been patiently waiting for and patience paid off. It definitly does't have any collector value in It's condition but if it shoots it will be a nice piece.
I'm happy at $600 plus He knows of another one that is original,We'll see how that transpires. Kinda long winded huh , sounded like I was still trying to buy It.
A few pics added ( remember I'm no Kirk )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Rich N
Levergunner

Re: On-T , "Win 1873" finally got one

Post by Rich N »

Very Nice!
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Great find! I sure hope it shoots for you!

Best,
Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I wish I could find another like yours over here.. :mrgreen:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Looks like it has great potential as a shooter to me. Fix any mechanical problems it might have, have the barrel relined and go shoot the thing.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Congrats on yer new rifle. They're a great shooter... and fun guns to boot!

But... Put yer slippers on before doin' yer YK impersonation!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!