Just got this e-mail

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pdawg.shooter
Levergunner 2.0

Just got this e-mail

Post by pdawg.shooter »

Free Lunch...

900 teachers just got laid off from the Los Angeles Unified School District . They are $650,000 over their annual budget.

The following English teacher helps to explain one area that looms large over California 's educational crisis.

THIS HAS GOT TO BE PASSED ALONG TO AS MANY AS
POSSIBLE OR WE WILL ALL GO DOWN THE DRAIN BECAUSE A FEW DON'T CARE.
This English teacher has phrased it the best I've seen yet.

This should make everyone think, be you Democrat, Republican or Independent

From a California school teacher - - -

"As you listen to the news about the student protests over illegal immigration, there are some things that you should be aware of:
I am in charge of the English-as-a-second-language department at a large southern California high school which is designated a Title 1 school, meaning that its students average lower socioeconomic
and income levels

Most of the schools you are hearing about, South Gate High, Bell Gardens, Huntington Park, etc... where these students are protesting, are also Title 1 schools.

Title 1 schools are on the free breakfast and free lunch program. When I say free breakfast, I'm not talking a glass of milk and roll -- but a full breakfast and cereal bar with fruits and juices that would make a Marriott proud. The waste of this food is monumental, with trays and trays of it being dumped in the trash uneaten.
(OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK)

I estimate that well over 50% of these students are obese or at least moderately overweight. About 75% or more DO have cell phones.

The school also provides day care centers for the unwed teenage pregnant girls (some as young as 13) so they can attend class without the inconvenience of having to arrange for babysitters or having family watch their kids.

I was ordered to spend $700,000 on my department or risk losing
funding for the upcoming year even though there was little need for anything; my budget was already substantial. I ended up buying new computers for the computer learning center, half of which, one month later, have been carved with graffiti by the appreciative students who obviously feel humbled and grateful to have a free education in America.

I have had to intervene several times for young and substitute teachers whose classes consist of many illegal immigrant students here in the country less than 3 months who raised so much hell with the female teachers, calling them "Putas" (whores ) and throwing things, that the teachers were in tears.

Free medical, free education, free food, day care, etc, etc, etc. Is it any wonder they feel entitled not only to be in this country but to demand rights, privileges and entitlements?

To those who want to point out how much these illegal immigrants contribute to our society because they LIKE their gardener and housekeeper and they like to pay less for tomatoes: spend some time in the real world of illegal immigration and see the TRUE costs.

Higher insurance, medical facilities closing, higher medical costs, more crime, lower standards of education in our schools, overcrowding, new diseases etc., etc, etc. For me, I'll pay more for tomatoes.

Americans, We need to wake up. The guest worker program will be a disaster because we won't have the guts to enforce it. Does anyone in their right mind really think they will voluntarily leave and return?

It does, however, have everything to do with culture: A third-world culture that does not value education, that accepts children getting pregnant and dropping out of school by 15 and that refuses to assimilate, and an American culture that has become so weak and worried about "political correctness " that we don't have the will to do anything about it.

If this makes your blood boil, as it did mine, forward this to everyone you know including your Congressmen and Senators.

CHEAP LABOR? Isn't that what the whole immigration issue is about?

Business doesn't want to pay a decent wage.

Consumers don't want expensive produce.

Government will tell you Americans don't want the jobs.

But the bottom line is cheap labor. The phrase "cheap labor" is a myth, a farce, and a lie. There is no such thing as "cheap labor."

Take, for example, an illegal alien with a wife and five children. He takes a job for $5.00 or 6.00/hour. At that wage, with six dependents, he pays no income tax, yet at the end of the year, if he files an Income Tax Return, he gets an "earned income credit" of up to $3,200 free.

He qualifies for Section 8 housing and subsidized rent.

He qualifies for food stamps.

He qualifies for free (no deductible), (no co-pay) health care.

His children get free breakfasts and lunches at school.

He requires bilingual teachers and books.

He qualifies for relief from high energy bills...

If they are or become, aged, blind or disabled, they qualify for SSI.
Once qualified for SSI they can qualify for Medicare. All of this is at
(our) taxpayer's expense .

He doesn't worry about car insurance, life insurance, or homeowners insurance.

Taxpayers provide Spanish language signs, bulletins and printed material.

He and his family receive the equivalent of $20.00 to $30.00/hour in benefits.

Working Americans are lucky to have $5.00 or $6.00/hour left after paying their bills AND his.

The American taxpayers also pay for increased crime, graffiti and trash clean-up.

Cheap labor? YEAH RIGHT! Wake up people!

THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS WE SHOULD BE ADDRESSING TO THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES FOR EITHER PARTY. 'AND WHEN THEY LIE TO US AND DON'T DO AS THEY SAY, WE SHOULD REPLACE THEM AT ONCE!'
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Just got this e-mail

Post by mikld »

Having lived in the LA area most of my life, and worked for LA City for 25 years, there is little if anything about this letter that is untrue. The City of Los Angeles welcomes, with open arms, illegal immigrants (the illegal part is overlooked, they are just immigrants)...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

I moved to California in 1955 and moved out in 1980. During that time I saw the political culture come to accept the 'illegals' as just plain folks. The politicians convinced the taxpayers that they should be feeling good about paying for everything the illegals needed to live well. Fast forward to 2011 and that beautiful state is now bankrupt financially and worst of all, in spirit.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
handyrandyrc
Levergunner 2.0

Post by handyrandyrc »

This one's been in the wild since 2006, according to Snopes. I guess it's still running!
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

I'd say that's pretty accurate.

We have the same issues here in Oz with the heathen hordes coming down in boats from the north.
They travel from their homeland to Indonesia by commercial airline with passports and all paperwork intact, then burn it all in Indonesia and take an illegal boat ride to Oz claiming to be refugees. Having first traveled through several countries that share and respect their beliefs the first thing they do when they get here is demand that we also respect and cater to their beliefs. Not forgetting of course that the whole time they are making their demands, they disrespect our women, our beliefs, our culture , our religions, and our entire way of life.

What places like America, Australia, England and all the other victims of invading hordes need to do is close our borders and ship the invaders back immediately on arrival, thereby discouraging them from making the trip in the first place.

I should also point out that what we call "our governments" are in fact, not ours. We elect them and then let them dictate to us. If they were our government they would listen to us.
What we have, gentlemen, is a democratically elected dictatorship.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

gundownunder wrote:I'd say that's pretty accurate.
What we have, gentlemen, is a democratically elected dictatorship.
I have never heard it put more succinctly.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost