Winchester 50-90 LTD??

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Al
Levergunner 1.0

Winchester 50-90 LTD??

Post by Al »

anybody have one of the Davidsons limited 85's?

Been tossing around the idea of getting one...........for whatever reason I do not know. 8)
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

nice place to shop

Post by brucew44guns »

Thanks a lot!!!! You got me to looking at Davidson's, a very dangerous place to go looking if you're weak. Saw the gun you mentioned, a lot of bucks, but you only live once. But it gets me to asking myself as to WHY, oh Why, do I think I need a Remington Model 750 rifle in 35 Whelen? Saw that they have 3 carbines, 6 rifles, (They're almost out of stock!)Your post has got me all messed up now, for the rest of the day. Got to go take a pill fast!!.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Al
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Al »

lol. I did have a BPCR in 45-70 once, that gun would flatout shoot everything you put in it.

Then I see these and get to thinking about punching one out to 50-140!!

Dunno, it is a bit of ole jingle, but your right, only live once.
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Al,
they are all sold now-- kicked around getting one and having it converted to 50-140 but did not get it done.
Al
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Al »

Mike, good to hear from you.

I see them on the auction sites every now and then, figure I'd wait till somebody got bored with theirs...............................like that would ever happen :lol:
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

good plan--- might work out!
blueroan
Levergunner 1.0

50/90

Post by blueroan »

I shoot a 50/90 SHILOH SHARPS LONG RANGE EXPRESS with a 34 inch barrel, that weights almost 14 pounds. a 620+ lead bullet and 95 grains of GOEX CARTRIDGE black powder. I shoot it at home and at the QUIGLEY RIFLE SHOOT in Forsyth Montana in June.

One of my pals at Quigley shoots a 50/140 that weights about 11 pounds. He uses a 550 grain paper patched bullet and 140+ grains of black powder. He hits with it, but he's not popular to shoot near. You can develop a flinch by just being on the firing line with him, but there isn't much problem with dust or rattle snakes near where he shoots!

Oh, 50/90 empties are about $1.50 each....50/140 run about $3 if you can find them.
When they said SHARPS, I always thought BIG 50!
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Horsepower costs cash! Not too much to pay for the fun!
Wayne Miller
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wayne Miller »

Guys, that rifle weighs less than ten pounds. It will kick the snot out of you in 50-90. In 50-140, it will kick you loose from your fillings! :shock:

Call me a wimp if you want to, but I wouldn't shoot a rifle that light in 50-140!
Wayne Miller
(Known as "Mossyrock" elsewhere)

"We thought about it for a long time... 'Endeavor to persevere.' And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union."

Lone Watie
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Couldn't be any worse than my 8 pound 470 capstick or Al's 50-110 lever gun!