348 Winchester Ammo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jjames
Levergunner 2.0

348 Winchester Ammo

Post by jjames »

Recently bought a Browning 71. In searching for ammo most places indicated it went from seasonal to discontinued at Winchester. What I could find was pretty expensive until I found Cabela's has 200 gr Winchester Silvertips for 41.99.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 348 Winchester Ammo

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Wow, good price. I haven't seen it that low in a long time.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
big bear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by big bear »

You should buy a bunch at that price if you shoot new ammo, that is well below the last list price I've seen.I wonder was that a sale price? Incorrectly marked price?
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I'v never shot factory ammo in most of the guns I've owned. The only box of factory 348 I have was an old old box I paid $20 for just because it was a cool looking old box.

You really should look into loading your own if you want to shoot that 348 much. It's easy to make very light small game loads or back yard plinking loads also.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Malamute wrote: You really should look into loading your own if you want to shoot that 348 much. It's easy to make very light small game loads or back yard plinking loads also.

+1 :D ----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

jjames
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jjames »

I bought 8 boxes taking advantage of a bunch of Cabela points and free shipping. If I run through those I will reload. I already load 45-70, 45-90, 44 mag, 45 LC, 405 Win, and 38-55s.
TMair
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TMair »

You can get it from The hunting shack for $35.25 a box http://store.thehuntingshack.com/348winchester.aspx
I know some people have not been happy with their ammo, I have had great luck with it, it shoots well, seams to be at factory velocities, I like their hard cast bullets too.
Terry