Winchester 94 tube spring

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
shiloh505
Levergunner

Winchester 94 tube spring

Post by shiloh505 »

This has probably been asked before. I tried the search function and no luck. If I leave my 1958 Winchester 94 loaded for years in my safe will it affect the magazine tube spring negatively?
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Winchester 94 tube spring

Post by J Miller »

Probably not. But why would you want to leave it "loaded for years in my safe"?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

I don't think He wanted to leave it loaded in "Ur safe" Joe, He prolly meant "Mine".
Yes it has been covered about six months ago or more. I think the consensus of pro vs con is about 50/50. Actually it wasn't about a Mag tube but about an M1 carbine mag.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I gotta laugh at these kinds of questions---nothin' personal :D The 94 spring has lots of room for expansion and your not gonna hurt it at all. I have personally shot full loaded 45 auto mags from WW2 and they all went off fine. I forgot the times I shot 100-120 year old 1873's & 1886's that still had the original springs---although they were uncompressed-----all with perfect function---and who knows the history behind them

If you have a worry, just replace the spring every 5 years with a new one---they might cost $5 from Wolffe Spings.

The only time I would have any concern would be from a spring from some foreign manufacturer--(except Germany) -----------in other words.....j-u-n-k--- :D -------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Most of my lever guns have been loaded for about as long as I've owned them. Only one has had a problem, a Browning 92. I think it's just a bad spring, not the practice of leaving it loaded. It still works, just that the spring is shorter than it should be when I take the magazine cap off. Thinking about it, that gun has probably been loaded less then several others.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

I've been known to just take the spring out, stretch it and put it back on several models of Winchester levers.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS