OT- 80 year-old saves life with a NAA mini

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

OT- 80 year-old saves life with a NAA mini

Post by dr walker »

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Sheepdog to the max!!! another angry american male!!! Awesome.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Good show!
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Love it when that happens! I like "the only problem was I ran out of bullets" part :lol:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
ursavus.elemensis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ursavus.elemensis »

what the heck kind of pistol was that?
"A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people"
-The Declaration of Independence
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

A North American Arms Mini Revolver, 22 cal.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

NAA is North American Arms IIRC and they make
those tiny 22 revolvers.
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Chalk one up for the good guys! :D
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by chadbr »

Gotta love Texan's :D
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

When that bad Mexican came to John Waynes place and asked him if he had gold?, silver?, the Duke said "Nah, just lead". This Texan took his cue from Chisum looks like. Good story.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Good for him! Too bad he didn't have a 45 in his pocket instead of that 22.
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

+1 on TedH!!!!!!!!!! Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

First rule of a gun fight is to have a gun. I think that fit the bill just fine.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
PaulB
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaulB »

I've got the Freedom Arms version of that gun. The hardest thing to hit with, ever. It is a joke for a defense gun. I'm amazed this guy managed to get the job done with it.
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

As long as that little puppy will go "bang" it can save your hide.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
ohwin94_61
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ohwin94_61 »

They best not come back :D
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

PaulB - I think its in the way you hold the gun. you just got to find the hold that works for you. I holld mine two handed, and cock it with the weak hand. Does not move in my hands and if imporves the shooting. I can roll tin cans at 7 yards. Not my preferred carry gun, but its always able to go with me when others cant. I like em!
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

Unless you're an elf, the best way to hit with a mini-revolver seems to be to hold it with two hands, and slip-shoot it using the support hand thumb. I don't have one, but my wife does, and for a while she kept it in the door pocket of her van.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

The mini guns are great for deep concealment or when weather doesn't permit to carry a decent gun. It is better than throwing a rock when you think about it.

I am glad that this man was able to defend himself against such a miscreant.
ursavus.elemensis
Levergunner 2.0

I don't like that stuff. Little guns which are hard to shoot accurately and which have limited knock down power are not a reliable mode of self defense. He did OK, this time, but his success using that gun is the exception, not the rule, and frankly, he is just lucky. No, I don't want to get shot with one, so spare me that line of non-reasoning. I don't want to get shot with a BB gun, either, but that is not a reasonable mode of self defense anyway. I don't want to get lunged at by a guy holding a rubber knife. I don't want a lot of things, but I'm not breaking down someone's door.
"A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people"
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

I had one several years ago, bought it on clearance from a going-out-of-business sale as a novelty, sold it during rough times when wife needed new tires for her car. Surprisingly I was able to consistently hit the black bull of 50 yard target at 20'. :lol:
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

he needs a good 12ga. 870 rem, cut down to 18", for when the creeps come back. then, let the creeps fear him.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

That feller did just fine, he ridded himself of his attackers. I ain't goner start lecturing him how he could of done it better. Good for him I say.
Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Grizzly Adams
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Grizzly Adams »

Proofs in the pudding! :wink:
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!
COMNAVFORV, Vietnam 68-70
NRA Life, SASS Life, Banjo picking done cheap!

Quyana cekneq, Neva
ursavus.elemensis
Levergunner 2.0

Grizzly Adams wrote:Proofs in the pudding! :wink:
Ah, and there's the rub...
You know, plenty of people go out and drink a lot and then drive home, get there safely and do it all again the next day. Sometimes things work out, but those are instances of luck, not evidence of a sound plan which was well-executed.

"Proof's in the pudding" is not a strategy for self defense.
Jarhead
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jarhead »

That old feller should get a big pat on the back. His little gun worked! And it saved his life.
As we say in the Marines "Adapt, Improvise, and Overcome" And that's exactly what that oldtimer did...he desreves a medal from the President of the US and the NRA.
:wink:
Semper Fi
PaulB
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaulB »

Don't get me wrong, fellas, I like my mini - for the cuteness factor. But with the Keltec P32 and P3AT, there is no excuse any more for using something so ill-advised for self defense as an NAA mini.

Actually I tried carrying mine for a little while, way back when. It made me feel naked, and I didn't like the prospect of a goblin laughing at the gun. :)
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Good job! Too bad he didn't pop those suckers in the bean. I've seen a 22 do the job a couple of times.
Old Law Dawg
Rebel1972
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rebel1972 »

ursavus.elemensis,PaulB.Would you rather feel naked or dead?in the perfect world he would have had a .45 or an 870 shotgun,but sometimes it is just not reasonable.I work at a place that prohibits weapons and there ain't no way to hide a big gun .So what's a feller sposed to do?All I have is a pocket knife.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Little guns are ice picks which don't require strength or agility to wield. Sometimes even the biggest baddest dude can lose either or both and need such a tool. Seems to me that all is well with him.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

I think of these mini revolvers as last ditch weapons or else something to have when you do not think there is a threat. I think the perps were knocking on the door not banging on it. To tell the truth I never answer the door with a gun. I think this gentleman did well with what he had. If circumstances were different he probably would have answered the door with a different gun. Good job I say. Poor choice or not it got the job done.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I answer the door with a gun, NOW.. We've had a number of incidents right in front of or on my property in the last 4 years. I just can't take a chance anymore and we used to live around here with unlocked doors...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
sculbert1
Levergunner

Post by sculbert1 »

PaulB wrote:I've got the Freedom Arms version of that gun. The hardest thing to hit with, ever. It is a joke for a defense gun. I'm amazed this guy managed to get the job done with it.
I just wish he could have stuck it in that creep's ear before he pulled the trigger... no sense wasting more than one shot of good .22 ammo on scum like that!
Far away places only offer exotic ways to suffer.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Remember the poor retired SF guy who got "courtmartialed" for doing the same thing...

"Use of insufficient caliber" and "Failure to do right/eliminate the threat" were the charges laid by his peers IIRC... :wink:

I want to buy one of the C&B "Magnum" variants.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Paco says those little .22 WRFMs will flat light up the night!
Sincerely,

Hobie

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Hobie wrote:Paco says those little .22 WRFMs will flat light up the night!
I'll bet it would. But I want the Cap & Ball model. I think it would be more "useful" to have somthing I can "download" to use to shoot rats & crows & stuff without attracting attention.

A little "zimmer" gun if you will.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

not knocking the choice of the .22. problem is they will eventually come back for retaliotion. having friennds and neighbors close is good. a 870 12ga. is better.
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

I think he did just fine & while its not my choice in gun it sure worked well for him. Any gun is better than none & most times the bad guys going to turn around right quick once he knows you have one anyway. This sort of thing just makes my day! :D