Bear Panda

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Bear Panda

Post by Old Savage »

44maghunter/Old Ranger - have you shot one of these?

I think I have had this one for 52 years.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

44magHunter
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Bear Panda

Post by 44magHunter »

I have not ever even seen one. That bow has probably been discontinued longer than I've been alive.... :wink:

The only Bear longbows I have ever shot are the Patriot and the Montanna. I really love the Kodiak Mag. recurve, though... the Grizzly isn't bad either, but it's no Kodiak......

Can you show a picture of the whole bow..?
Levergun: Marlin, Ruger, Hornaday, Henry, Williams, Leupold
Black Gun: AeroPrecision, Magpul, Streamlight, Remington, McMillan, Sierra, Badger Ordinance, Harris, Jewel Triggers, Leupold
Archery: Hoyt, GoldTip, Axcel/TruBall, FeatherVision, Specialty, AAE, VaneTec, Doinker, ZeroTolerance, TopHat, Leupold
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Sweet. I shot one in Gainesville Compared to modern reflex designs, it had some hand shock. Very " before it's time" bow
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I'll say that would be a real sweet shooting bow.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Nice, i had a old Bear longbow once and wish i`d kept it. It shot high left and the beginer i was at the time blamed it on the bow and sold it. :roll:
Last edited by Pitchy on Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

At one time it would hit a butter carton 2 out of 3 times at 35 yds with no two arrows alike. -- :D But somebody shot it everyday for quite some time and it did hit a pigeon dead center in low light from outside the barn to the far wall - about 70 feet on the first shot. :) :) :) It shot dead on when I held it dead on. That became a matter of looking at the target.