Cleaned up my 99c

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Cleaned up my 99c

Post by iceman »

Since it has been quiet lately I decided to clean up my 99c a bit. I cold blued the bottom of the mag, stripped off the crappy varnish the previous owner had put on and gave it an oil finish. Looks not bad. I still prefer my 99F, so I might sell this one and see what I can find in a 308 lever. I haven't shot this one much, but groups were not that impressive compared to my 1 1/2" groups I'm getting with my 99F in 300 savage. I traded a Stoger Condor that I paid only $300 for so I should come out good if I do sell it.
sav99c2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
eric65
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Cleaned up my 99c

Post by eric65 »

How were you able to clean the old varnish out of the checkering?
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

Lots of paint remove, a soft brush and a dental pick type tool and lots of patience.
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Came out nice... Good luck!
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by chadbr »

Looks good... Love the 99.
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

I ended up selling it on a local gun site. I asked $500 was offered $450 came back with $475 and the offer was accepted. I'm happy and so is the buyer. Now I have some play money to go hunting with again. Still looking for a 99F with a tang safety in 308. The hunt is the best part.