1895 Winchester Take-Down

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
lthardman
Levergunner 2.0

1895 Winchester Take-Down

Post by lthardman »

I have an old original 1895 Winchester in .30-06. It's a good shooter, but I seem to have a problem. It is disassembling right in my arms. There is a small button on the underside at the receiver/forearm interface that must be slid, then the forearm and barrel assembly can be twisted and removed. Problem is, I think that button must not be catching. It seems with hardly any pressure at all you can twist and remove the barrel/forearm. When I put it back together, the button seems solid, but before long the slightest pressure gets the forward pieces out of alignment. And, I don't want it out of alignment or near coming apart when shooting for obvious reasons.

It has always been a decent shooter. Hope someone might have a simple fix for me to try.

"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." - Bryan Adams
Hillbillygunsmith
Levergunner

Re: 1895 Winchester Take-Down

Post by Hillbillygunsmith »

If the take down sliding lever is the same as seen in the Browning 22 semi auto take down, you may have parts that have worn down due to excessive amount of times it has been assembled and disassembled.

If that is the case, you should have a gun smith repair it to avoid further damage to a fine rifle as that model is. :roll: