Question About Lever Swap

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
greenmntranger
Levergunner

Question About Lever Swap

Post by greenmntranger »

I have heard that the oem over sized lever loop for a marlin 1895 will fit a 336 but not the reverse, something to do with the cartridge rim size. Any one confirm or refute this rumor?

I ask as I have tracked down a 1895 lever and want to put it on my 336
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Re: Question About Lever Swap

Post by Malamute »

Is your 336 a straight grip? ...and squared?

Was curious what you were going to do with the old lever, I'd like to find a squared straight grip lever for a 336.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

greenmntranger wrote:I have heard that the oem over sized lever loop for a marlin 1895 will fit a 336 but not the reverse, something to do with the cartridge rim size. Any one confirm or refute this rumor?

I ask as I have tracked down a 1895 lever and want to put it on my 336
Told you folks here would have answers, plus know what other questions to ask? :mrgreen:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TomF »

The difference with Marlin levers is on the inside. The 1895 levers have a relief cut to allow the rim of the 45-70 to pass. The 1895 lever does work in the 336 action. I have several 336s with 1895 levers in them.

TomF