The heart and history of this forum.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

The heart and history of this forum.

Post by Tycer »

As with all forums like this one, times change and people come and go. The forums morph into something different than what they were when they started. This forum has morphed.

J Miller wrote: "Sad to say but a lot of the heart has left this forum."

I'll agree, however I'll add that a lot of heart has come to this forum also. It's still the best forum around for me and it's the hearts of the men and women that post here that make it so.

If we have a written history, I do not know where it is. I have a rough idea of when and how it started, but I would like to have a history of this forum and the men who started it. Perhaps the newer members might have a bit more respect for the forum and its original intent if it were posted for all to see.

Paul? Hobie? Jim? Paco? Terry? John? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Anybody?
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The heart and history of this forum.

Post by Mescalero »

Joe has a lot more insight than me.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I've been here less than 7 years, and have seen some changes... less than others. I think there's been 3 server changes... and each has brought some visual and poster changes... some folks haven't followed, others have.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

The only thing I can add is that during about 1998, when I was on John Taffin's site "Sixguns", there was talk about Paco starting up this site around 2002 or so.

I don't think the "heart" has left. Its just that us old heads have been doing it so long, we no longer watch our behavior quite as close---I do know I'm guilty of that. Well, on the other hand, I never did watch my behavior even when I was in first grade, my last grade in school. :D ------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

I have been on here less than 2 years and have noticed a change. I was referred here by a Man in Chico, I was looking for information on a Winchester Mod 53. Got exactly what I was looking for from the Happiest looking Face on the Net- Mr Kirk D. The discussions inticed Me to stay. I am still here and don't plan on leaving (sorry). There is still some good discussion here. :D
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Joe does not strike me as a fellow who adapts well to change.

Nice guy, but curmudgeonly. (sp?)

:idea:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Yeah,
but I still like him :lol:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Forums that I don't care for are all business, and most questions are refered by the Head Grump to use search.....Thankfully, this one is not like that. One can Google answers, but here you can talk to your buddies. :D
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I have been here several years and search the site many times every day. IMM, nothing has really changed, the core intent remains. Many of the names that have changed, and along with new names come many questions, some repeated, but more are new. Learning, and sharing knowledge, is the reason behind Leverguns. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

BlaineG wrote: One can Google answers, but here you can talk to your buddies. :D
+ 1 :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I don't see as many pure gun questions or threads as there were years ago. Doesn't really bother me, as I open those that look interesting, and pass over those that don't. I think what some people lack is enough willpower to pass over what doesn't interest them. They open everything, then get irritated when it's something they don't like.
All forums evolve, and I've stopped posting at some because I didn't like the format, or the way they were headed. No reason to make a big deal out of anyone leaving, or make a grand exit when you go.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

marlinman93 wrote:I don't see as many pure gun questions or threads as there were years ago. Doesn't really bother me, as I open those that look interesting, and pass over those that don't. .

Well, when you have a popular forum devoted to a relatively small niche market with only a few relevant models --- it makes sense that a lot of topics will get recycled and renewed over the years

The off topic conversation keeps everything well rounded --- most of our OT conversation revolves around bushcraft, sustainable living practices, things related to bygone eras, our pets and loved ones - oh and other types of firearms -- There are only so many ways to gripe about new MArlins and AE Winchesters :lol: , but its the common bond
----- Doug
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

STILL, the COOLEST SITE on the net 8) Owner, moderators, contributers should all be proud of what they built here. Thank you one and all!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

I don`t go to any other gun boards so where would you find Pitchy other than here :lol:
Best gun board i`ve ever seen, well rounded and very informitive on any subject. :D
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

I learn alot here by accident. Most post about other things of interest in their lives that I find interesting. Because most of it deals with more simple living and outdoor recreation. I came to this site in about 2004 looking for info and it was the first forum I ever joined. But I am a curmugeon in training. I have to go now and sit on the front porch and practice yelling at kids to stay off my lawn. :lol: (The kids are just cardboard cutouts but it's part of spring training.)
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

a google search is what led me to the forum.
I find myself using the search function within the forum a lot, and enjoy reading the old threads.

I'm active on a few fishing forums, and tried a few other gun forums, but this is the only gun forum I frequent.
allhands
Levergunner 2.0

Post by allhands »

I too found this site by accident, trying to research winchester serial numbers, and have stayed ever since. I think the conversations are well mannered (better than my firehouse, for sure) and all are informative. Lets keep it going for a long time to come.
Bill Nowicki
Headed "upta camp"
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

I have been a member here for about eight or so years and lurked a couple before that. While I have many other interests besides levers, this is the ONLY forum of which I have ever been a member, ever. I get all the info I like here about guns of all types, and appreciate the fact that most members here make a concerted effort to conduct themselves like gentlemen. Further, a lot of the folks here are highly entertaining and generously share knowledge.
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

I stop in several times most evenings & read any thread that's of interest. A friendly place, not near as many members pushing an agenda or coming across in a condescending or overbearing manner as you'll see some places. Always been able to relax here, there are a lot of members I'd be happy to spend time shooting with.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

I've only been here a couple of years, is someone going to yell at me and tell me to get off their lawn? (grin)
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

"One can Google answers, but here you can talk to your buddies. "

The reason that I joined was that when I did Google for information on the Winchester 1886 .45-90, most of the links / answers were on Leverguns.com. :o

So, being the clever fellow that I am, I joined the forum with the answers and have belonged ever since :)
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Boreman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Boreman »

Mike D. wrote:I have been here several years and search the site many times every day. IMM, nothing has really changed, the core intent remains. Many of the names that have changed, and along with new names come many questions, some repeated, but more are new. Learning, and sharing knowledge, is the reason behind Leverguns. :)
+1 What MikeD said very well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Model-71's forever !!!!
NRA Patriot Life Member
Endowment level
FOPA #5
GOA,Inc
WVCDL,INC
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

From my perspective, the forum's "Heart and Soul" still seems to be here, but perhaps there was some magical essence that came and went before my joining (...or maybe when I joined, that killed the heart and soul for good... :o :( :D ). Individual members come and go, just like in a family, some are born, others pass, but the 'family' is basically much the same. Whether or not any of our younger or newer members will become 'anchor' members remains to be seen, but I don't think any of us can just hold up a lens and compare any other members to the 'founding fathers' of the forum and judge whether or not they have sufficient heart and soul.
Mike D. wrote:I have been here several years and search the site many times every day. IMM, nothing has really changed, the core intent remains. Many of the names that have changed, and along with new names come many questions, some repeated, but more are new. Learning, and sharing knowledge, is the reason behind Leverguns. :)
Yep.

There's a 'core' of stable members, some evidently from the beginning, and some added on more recently, and another bunch of come-and-go or 'lurker' members, who liven things up by posting stuff we've not already threaded-to-death. Every few months or so it seems like someone gets in a huff and decides not to play for awhile, but I think that happens on all forums (we just notice it here because we are open enough to talk about it).

I honestly think that the historical and ballistic and physical characteristics of LEVERGUNS themselves is part of what leads to the generally humble atmosphere here, and leads us to some of the 'off-topic' threads which most of us enjoy. I know I'm generalizing, but the bolt-gunners tend to make you feel you don't belong if you don't have the most accurate or most powerful gun out there, the semiauto-gunners tend to make you feel you don't belong if you don't have all the latest 'tactical' gadgets-on-rails. Leverguns aren't the most accurate, most powerful, and don't have the most firepower; they just basically 'do the job' - effectively and yet unpretentiously. I think those qualities would be reflected in our membership - we have nothing to 'prove' when it comes to our firearms, shooting skills, or knowledge about guns or hunting - we just DO it. We humbly ask each other 'stupid' questions, tend to answer them with honest civility, and once in awhile brag about a kid's hunting or shooting skills, or share some project we've worked on. We have members who've literally made entire firearms from scratch, using machinist and gunsmithing skills which are incredible, yet we have members (like me) who aren't embarassed to post how we filed a dovetail for a sight, or how we drilled and tapped for a receiver sight - things the master gunbuilders could do one-handed and blindfolded in two minutes. Everyone shares and learns at the 'skill level' he or she finds most comfortable, and rarely do the most talented or knowledgeable or skilled fail to compliment the simplest projects or answer the silliest questions.

We even strive to maintain a collective sense of humor, which usually manages to get us through even the worst political dust-ups.
marlinman93 wrote:I don't see as many pure gun questions or threads as there were years ago. Doesn't really bother me, as I open those that look interesting, and pass over those that don't. I think what some people lack is enough willpower to pass over what doesn't interest them. They open everything, then get irritated when it's something they don't like.
All forums evolve, and I've stopped posting at some because I didn't like the format, or the way they were headed. No reason to make a big deal out of anyone leaving, or make a grand exit when you go.
I agree with all that!
Last edited by AJMD429 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Found this place back in 2004. Like most looking for info. I am on here more then any where else. Don't always have much to say my self but have always enjoyed listening to the conversation.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Is this Forum perfect?? Nope---just better than all the rest out there.
What madman said in the, "Where is Terry Murbach" post.....

Personally I'm in the camp where I find the variety of topics interesting,
firearms-related or not. Eventually most of the leverguns questions are
answered, and that leaves us exactly what to talk about?

Some of the topics here might be considered asinine, as might one or two
of the folks who post here. Nothing's perfect, but the problems here aren't
enough to get worked up about. Don't like the post or poster? Don't respond!
Simple, eh?

One other thing about his forum I've noted. If you're really in a jam,
whether it be sickness, car trouble, kid trouble, gun trouble, or woman
trouble, somebody here's willing to lend a hand. That's a good neighborhood
to be in.

-Stretch
Last edited by stretch on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Can not remember when I first joined up...think it was a year or so ago....sorry to rub ya'll the wrong way at times, I'll plead rookie ignorance.
JohnB
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JohnB »

I found this place back 2010 when I got my first lever (336) and I was looking for information about my rifle.

Needless to say, I was hooked and I have been here ever since. Heck, the front page is my homepage!

Sometimes I feel like and outsider as many of you have been here so long, but not once have I gotten any attitude from any Levergunner. You guys are some of the nicest people I have "met" on the net.

I do feel like a bit of a young'n around here but that's the beauty of this place...I can learn from all of you.

As for the heart and soul, it is here in spades! This group embodies self-reliance, compassion, empathy, a great work ethic, an open minded attitude and the ability to accept individual differences. IMHO, today's kids (and most parents!) should spend more time here learning from you and understanding the concept "non-entitlement"!

I am humbled by everyone's knowledge her and I hope to contribute as much as I have received.

The heart has always been here with you.
"Spend so much time improving yourself that you have no time to criticize others." -Unknown
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Not to mention - besides ALL the preceding comments - that this is absolutely the best place to help maintain a negative bank account balance, all the while building a positive gun safe content......................

Jes' sayin'.............

Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

I found this place while looking for information on a Winchester 44-40 I found at the Bazar in Kabul and decided to stay for most of the reasons JohnB stated. I consider myself one of the Fun New Guys but you are stuck with me. The fact I got a Co-pilot from a member here didn’t hurt either.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is not the critic who counts
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Paladin wrote:I consider myself one of the Fun New Guys but you are stuck with me.
Maybe we could append our forum names like "AJMD429 - (new guy)", so those who prefer could use some sort of web-filter to block all the posts with "(new guy)" in them... :wink:

--------------------------------------

P.S. - Now THAT is just funny...
  • I typed the letters "F" then "N" then "G" in between the parenthesis above, for "Fun New Guy", but there ALREADY IS SOME KIND OF FILTER - the three-letter abbreviation got changed to "new guy" :?:
I must be old enough I don't know what 'inappropriate' abbreviation those three letters make. :oops:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

This is the only forum I belong to, and I originally joined because of the lever gun talk and information. Most of the time I just look and read what interests me and will never post, but occasionally I will. This site has many extremely informative members and I enjoy reading about leverguns (and others) besides the off topic discussions. I apologize if I've ever P***ed off anyone, since it wasn't done intentionally.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

This is the only forum I still participate on. Every other one has very quickly rubbed me the wrong way. Frankly, I think it's just GREAT.

Sorry if I rub anyone the wrong way! Don't mean to.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Pete44ru wrote:Not to mention - besides ALL the preceding comments - that this is absolutely the best place to help maintain a negative bank account balance, all the while building a positive gun safe content......................

Jes' sayin'.............

Not a bad investment strategy... :wink:
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Paladin wrote:I found this place while looking for information on a Winchester 44-40 I found at the Bazar in Kabul...
But... did you buy it?

If not, we failed! :P :P :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

Griff wrote:
Paladin wrote:I found this place while looking for information on a Winchester 44-40 I found at the Bazar in Kabul...
But... did you buy it?

He didn't have enough camels. :wink:
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
ving-thorr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ving-thorr »

Friends Call Me Ji wrote:
Griff wrote:
But... did you buy it?

He didn't have enough camels. :wink:
Wow! If guns could talk! I wonder how it got there. Bet its former owners had a fun time trying to find 44 WCF in Afghanistan. I never made it to a bazaar in Kabul but the one in Bagram would usually have some martini-henrys of dubious authenticity along with typical afghan jezails that looked like they had been built with pipes for barrels. Some guys did their research and tried to pick out the real ones. I thought seeing surplus US M1917s turn up was interesting. Jeez, who could have given them those???? :D
The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread?
Psalms 27:1
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

JReed wrote:Found this place back in 2004. Like most looking for info. I am on here more then any where else. Don't always have much to say my self but have always enjoyed listening to the conversation.
What Jeremy said :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I was already here for a bit when the erstwhile, factory sponsored, Marlin forum was dissolved. Wow, those guys got a real earfull when they showed up :shock: :shock:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

I've been a member for about 9 years ..... wracked up a lot of posts and then the forum moved and I started from scratch. When I first joined, it was mostly about leverguns .... not a lot of OT posts. That has really changed in a major way. If I was only interested in leverguns, I would probably have moved on, but I've gotten to know and enjoy quite a few fellows on this forum. I keep coming back more for that reason. I've met a few forum members and hope to meet a few more in years to come .... maybe even this coming summer (Pitchy, I've carved you into the itinerary!).
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Sure hope to see ya this summer Kirk and i agree with what you said about the board, lots of great guys here. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

+1 to pretty much what everybody else has said. I think there's plenty of heart here. Great bunch of guys 'n gals!
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

I'm reminded of Handloader magazine. I gave up on gun magazines a long time ago and for years would only read Handloader. Now Handloader is nothing but writers who used to write for those other magazines. It became just another gun magazine, so I gave up on it a few years ago.

Some people have a great desire to have all shooting related forums be all exactly the same. They post the same things (sometimes word for word copy and paste jobs) in every forum they visit. I've stopped going to many of the ones I used to (this one included to some degree) because I can get most of the same content somewhere else. Why visit 5 places to see the same stuff I can see on 1?

I hate "news" posts. I don't mean just general current events posts, but the "gun news" of the day. People see the double barreled 1911 (for example, or hundreds of others of things) and feel the need to rush to their favorite forum in hopes of being the first person to share it. Sadly most gun forums are like this. Most forums period for non shooting related issues. You can read down the subject list and count the ones that you've seen or know you will see elsewhere. It's just so much clutter, diluting the forum and eating bandwidth. (remember folks, despite what most people think, the internet isn't free.)
Slow is just slow.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

cas,

We actually agree on something. If I were to count the number of shooting forums I've been and am a member of in the last 10 years I'm betting it would be over 30. Now, I spend most of my time here, that is when I'm not over at the Quilting Board, or The Ruger Forum. That's about it.

Once in a blue moon I'll stop in at Handloads.com or Single Actions forum, but Handloads has pretty much stagnated and SA is full of cliques that I could never belong too.

At least this one and TRF are still quite active.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Post by getitdone1 »

Yes, lots more OT posts than not long ago but that's O.K. with me. I'm probably like a lot of guys here in that there's a few guns I care enough about to read about and after I've read the same question and answers a few times I'm ready for a good OT post--to and from.

I'd say most of the people here have several strong interests besides guns. Guns and music and musical instruments are my big ones but there's several others. Strong interests are most of what it's all about.

There are some very knowledgeable people here and on a lot of subjects--but, of course, especially guns.

I wonder how many dollars this forum has added to the bank accounts of the manufacturers of lever-action guns? Lots, I'm sure!

Don
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

Well for what it means I came over after Marlin Talk folded. Loved that site but it ate itself with division and strife......posted here alittle then server changed and I started all over again. Don't have a very large post count but have enjoyed the site for the most part. Laid off for a good while and have kinda started looking again. Good to see Mescalro back cause we have exchanged a PM or two......I must say that I have seen some of that same type friction in the last year or so (of course my opinion and $1.08 will buy ya a large sweet tea at McD's).....change cuts both ways.....that being said....always Respect your elders or your friends.....

rick
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Threads like this actually discuss issues of heart and soul. That is what keeps me here.

I had a bad year, going to sleep every night looking at my little girls and wondering if I would be alive to care for them in a few months. I'm built of stern stuff but it sure rattled me. You people put up with my posts and supported me through a rough patch. Thank you, your a real decent bunch.

Also this is the one forum where a guy can call a 30-30 a moose rifle and not get trolled by a bunch of video game experts. I've known some Cree trappers that would just see anyone bad mouthing the 30-30 Winchester 94 as proof that whitemen really are crazy and can't hunt worth a darn.

I once said we seem to wander around a bit here but always end up back at our mutual interest, lever action rifles. Besides in todays world anyone real fond of a lever action is considered a bit peculiar anyway. We might as well act the part. However I'm convinced Pitchy ain't acting!

To get back on topic, I'm going out this weekend to let my girls see a high powered rifle in action. Their first gun experience will be a Lee Enfield in the Rockies followed by a Win 94 and stories of the family war vets sadly all gone now. They'll try out the little Stevens Favorite I got them (its got a lever too).
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Well here`s a fact, talk about heart on a board, i bet this is the first board that saved someones life.
I`ve had some hard times for a long time and was wondering if i was going to make it through it.
But because of the HEART on this board i`m still a shootin, thanks you Leverguners.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I can't remember when I joined, but had racked up a bunch of posts in the old form. Nothing compared to Hobie, Joe, and others. I found the site when researching loads for the .45-60 WCF. Remember reading KirkD's range report on the 1876, and realized how informative this site was. Like others, I stayed for the comradarie. I don't visit other forums - just don't have the time, especially now. And heck, why would I? The people here are simply the best, most caring, honest folks anywhere. We laugh with one another, pray for one another, support one another - even cry with one another. It's hurt the wallet to be here - since we also enable one another - but I find this place a refuge. Thanks for tolerating me!
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Yeah,
I " had " the leverguns, you guys convinced me to shoot them .
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

There's a bunch of folks that have come and gone from here in the last 10 years or so.
There's a lot of change has happened, some good, some maybe not so much.