FOR GOODNESS SAKES YOU YAHOOS, QUIT IT !!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Terry Murbach
Shootist

FOR GOODNESS SAKES YOU YAHOOS, QUIT IT !!!

Post by Terry Murbach »

I CANNOT EVEN TAKE MY LEAVE WITHOUT YOU FOLKS HOLLERIN' AT ME LIKE I WAS IMPORTENT OR SOMETHING.
LET ME START BY NOTING HERE THAT YOU " COWBOYKELL" ARE THE ONLY MALEVALENT NODAK I HAVE EVER HAD ANY CONTACT WITH IN HISTORY. I DO NOT KNOW WHY YOU FEEL YOU MUST SNIPE ME FROM BEHIND AN ALIAS AS I DO NOT REMEMBER US EVER PASSING ANY CROSS WORDS. IN ANY EVENT YOU ARE HEREBY AND FORTHWITH FORGIVEN AND MAY GO IN PEACE. THERE IS A GUNSHOW COMING HERE AT RCSD IN APRIL. C'MON DOWN AND I'LL BUY YOU A DRINK.
I DO APPRECIATE ALL THE KIND THINGS MANY OF YOU SAID ABOUT ME AND THE LESS THAN KIND ONES ARE INTERESTING ALSO. LET ME NOTE HERE : NO ONE RAN ME OUT [ THAT'D BE THE ******* DAY !!] I LEFT AS I WAS FED UP WITH SEEING ALL THE LAZZYAZZED NEWBIES SHOW UP AND DEMAND THEIR MORNING BOTTLE FEED AS IF IT WERE THEY'RE DUE; I THINK NOT !!! LOOK---LOOK !!!---AT WHAT HAS HAPPENED SINCE I LEFT. THERE IS NO MORE " OT ' AND ALL HELL IS OUT FOR NOON IN THE TOPIC DEPARTMENT. IF YOU'LL NOTE IT STILL---STILL !!!---SAYS AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE ' PACO KELLY'S LEVERGUNS.'
LET US NOTE THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME A BUNCH OF ILL BRED KNUCKEHEADS HAVE SHOWN UP TO TRASH THE PLACE. THE FIRST TIME WAS 7 OR 8 YEARS AGO WHEN ONE OF THE PREVIOUS MARLINFORUM SITES WENT T/U AND THEY SHOWED UP LIKE AND ACTED LIKE THEY OWNED THIS PLACE. LOTSA OF OUT BEST LEFT THEN INCLUDING THOSE I WAS IN AWE OF, ONE IN PARTICULAR WHO OWNED AND SHOT MORE LEVERGUNS THAN ANY ONE OF US CAN CLAIM NOW; NOW !!!
I THINK SOME OF THE NEWBIES NOW ARE HILARIOUS AND PITCHY [ MINNNEEESOOOOOOOOta ] AND ME COULD HAVE MORE FUN THAT A BARREL OF MONKIES, BUT DARNED IF I CARE A SMIT ABOUT HIS SPINNING WHEELS; NOTHING PERSONAL PITCHY AT ALL.
I'VE KNOWN JOSE THE MILLER KID SINCE WE WERE KNEE HIGH TO TOADSTOOLS BUT BUT DARNED IF I GIVE A HOOT ABOUT HIS SEWING MACHINES.
THERE ARE A PILE OF COOL CHARACTERS ON HERE FROM PETE44, ADIRONDAK THE KID, YSABLE KID, NATE THE KIOWA, AND I AM EMBARRASSED I CANNOT REMEMBER MORE AS WE SPEAK, ONE OF THE PITFALLS OF GROWNING OLD, GUYS !!!
I NEVER HAVE MEANT ANYONE HERE ANY HARM, IF I YELLED AT YOU, YOU HAD IT COMING AS I WILL NOT TOLERATE LAZINESS AMONG GUNMEN AS AFTERALL, WE ARE DEALING WITH FIREARMS NOT PANTYHOSE OR POTATOCHIPS FOR CHRISSAKES !!
I CANNOT SEE WHY THE SUBJECTS OF LEVERGUNS, THEIR AMMUNITION, ALL THE VARIANCES AND ALL THE DIFFERENCES, ALL THE ALLIED GUNS IS SINGLE ACTION [GENUFLECT HERE] CANNOT BE SUFFICIENT SUBJECT MATTER TO OCCUPY THE ENTIRE SITE. NOE, NO BRAG MEANT ATALL, BUT THIS MAY WELL BE BECAUSE I HAVE PERSONALLY READ EVERY BOOK ON THE SUBJECT EVER WRITTEN THAT I COULD LAY HANDS UPON. WHEN I WAS A SQUIRT AND ONE OF MY MENTORS SAID ' GO READ THIS GD BOOK, SQUIRT' I WAS ELATED BEYOND WORDS. I THE BRAND NEW COPY OF "SIXGUNS BY KEITH" WITH ME THE ENTIRETY OF MY YEAR IN FIFTH GRADE, THE YEAR IT CAME OUT, [ OH GLORY BE !!! ]. I AM DEAD SERIOUS WHEN I TELL GUYS PROFANELY TO GRTFB AS NOTHING ON THE INTERNET CAN COMPARE TO THE GUNBOOKS WHICH ARE THE COLLEGE TEXTS OF GUNDOM. I HAVE ALSO NOTED THAT PATTON WAS RIGHT, IF YOU WANT 'EM TO REMEMBER YOU GIVE IT TO 'EM DOWN AND DIRTY.
SO......NOPE, I AM NOT MAD AT ANYONE, WISH YOU ALL PEACE AND HAPPYNESS, AND HOPE YOU GO SHOOTING AT LEAST AS MUCH AS YOU GAB OUT IT. DO NOT---NOT !!!---LET THE LATTER REPLACE THE FORMER.
AND SO IT GOES...
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Re: FOR GOODNESS SAKES YOU YAHOOS, QUIT IT !!!

Post by claybob86 »

Hi, Terry! Glad yer back! 8)
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

I FEEL ALL WARM AND FUZZY NOW!
THANKS FOR THE MORNING BRACER, BETTER THAN A SHOT OF WHISKEY :D

John
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Brilliant reply Terry..... :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

I would like to hear about that 35rem Marlin you posted about a while ago.

Steve
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Ha,
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

One of these days I'm gonna get up to SD. Then we can sit and discuss and then stand and shoot till we run out of ammo.

But until then, glad you popped in for a visit.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

:lol:
Think i`ll head to the shop and build another spinning wheel to post pictures of.
Now where`s that ignore button.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

WELCOME BACK!

BTW, WHERE IN THE BLACK HILLS ARE YOU? ANYWHERE NEAR LEAD?
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Pitchy wrote::lol:
Think i`ll head to the shop and build another spinning wheel to post pictures of.
Now where`s that ignore button.
Maybe I'll do a story on resurrecting an antique treadle sewing machine. With pictures in living color too.

Never mind the ignore button.

Oh, and here's a riddle: How is a treadle sewing machine like an old lever gun?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I FEEL BETTER KNOWING YOU STILL LOVE US..... :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Yup.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Post by getitdone1 »

Must be nice to be famous. Actually I'm kinda like you--don't like to disappoint my many fans! :D

Don
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Terry:

If I can get to the Black Hills, may I buy you a cup of coffee and go shooting somewhere?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Good to see your live and kickin Terry.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

getitdone1 wrote:Must be nice to be famous. Actually I'm kinda like you--don't like to disappoint my many fans! :D

Don
piller wrote:Terry:

If I can get to the Black Hills, may I buy you a cup of coffee and go shooting somewhere?
We now know the value of 'fame.' :lol:

We learn something new or re-learn something old here every day. :idea:

It's good to hear from you Mr. Murbach, and to have an opportunity to reflect on what you've pulled out of your ponderous bag of 'food-for-thought.'

:)
Last edited by FWiedner on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

YOU BETCHA !!!
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

FWiedner wrote:
getitdone1 wrote:Must be nice to be famous. Actually I'm kinda like you--don't like to disappoint my many fans! :D

Don

It's good to hear from you Mr. Murdoch, and to have an opportunity to reflect on what you've pulled out of your ponderous bag of 'food-for-thought.'

I AM NOT "MURDOCH" THE IRISHMAN, I AM MURBACH, THE SWISS KRAUT.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Terry Murbach wrote:
FWiedner wrote:

Don

It's good to hear from you Mr. Murbach, and to have an opportunity to reflect on what you've pulled out of your ponderous bag of 'food-for-thought.'

I AM NOT "MURDOCH" THE IRISHMAN, I AM MURBACH, THE SWISS KRAUT.

...of course you are... :lol:

Spelling corrections have been respectfully applied.

:oops:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Well Terry glad to see you pop in again. I didn't think you got yer feathers ruffled and stomped off. I was actually worried about yer welfare. Thinkin somethin might have happened to you and no one would think to let us bunch of lo life's know.

Glad to see yer OK.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Terry Murbach wrote: LOTSA OF OUT BEST LEFT THEN INCLUDING THOSE I WAS IN AWE OF, ONE IN PARTICULAR WHO OWNED AND SHOT MORE LEVERGUNS THAN ANY ONE OF US CAN CLAIM NOW; NOW !!!
There was a gentleman by the name of Al Anderson who had several good articles on the old Leverguns forum, one which concerned shooting heavy bullets from the 444, which is how I ended up finding the forum while searching for information after taking a Win BB AE 444 in trade for some work may years ago.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

WOWIE, MY KEYBOARDS IS STILL A JANGLING AND JINGLING FROM THAT THAR POSTED!!!
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

God Bless Ya You Old Goat. IT SURE IS GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK. YOU SHOULD FEEL PERTY GOOD AS I JUST RAISED A GLASS OF WHISKEY IN YOUR HONOR. :D .
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

J Miller wrote:Maybe I'll do a story on resurrecting an antique treadle sewing machine. With pictures in living color too.
I can't believe you're teasing the poor guy like that - you must have been around Terry too long and caught some of his cantankerousness...! :wink:
Terry Murbach wrote:LOTSA OF OUR BEST LEFT THEN INCLUDING THOSE I WAS IN AWE OF, ONE IN PARTICULAR WHO OWNED AND SHOT MORE LEVERGUNS THAN ANY ONE OF US CAN CLAIM NOW; NOW !!!
Never was on that forum, and don't know who the 'best' were, but it sounds like they were acting as 'childish' as the silliest newbie ever did; no sense up and leaving because of OT posts, or 'stupid questions'; on the other hand, no sense of the newbies getting panties in a knot and leaving, either, just because they get a rap on the knuckles for being silly or lazy or whatever.

A forum can have the full spectrum of experienced experts, newbies, cuddly softspoken types, and curmudgeons. Whichever 'group' they belong to, they contribute to the forum, and they can all take a deep breath and dive in to, or ignore, whatever thread, topic, or other individual poster they want.

(Hmmmm...... Maybe. . . this whole 'issue' really a commie-plot to distract us ALL from the more serious issues of keeping the body of knowledge about one aspect of shooting/hunting/gunsmithing current and widespread within the community...?)

It's been a fun thread, though... :lol:
Last edited by AJMD429 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

There now! I feel better about it all.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

and so it goes... :)
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

alls im saying is Rapid City in the 80s use to have the best gun show
ive ever been to befor & since, if it wasnt 200 miles away id like to meet you, I lived in Hil City at that time
ollogger
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Mr. Murbach, i don`t know you nor do i know what led to all this in the past and it really isn`t important to me.
I`m sorry ya get upset about some of my OT threads but as you know you just don`t have to look at those.
Nothing personal with me and no hard feelings here and agree that some young people can get rude sometimes but so can old fanny burbs like us.
As far as reading books well i can`t read worth a darn and it hasn`t stopped me from building some neat things, we all are gifted in different ways.
Hope ya stick around, nice enough to meet ya, God Bless and take care. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Break out the beer boys(I'm buying)
Terry welcome back!
Today is a happy day! :D
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

madman4570 wrote:Break out the beer boys(I'm buying)
Terry welcome back!
Today is a happy day! :D
Six Pac of Blue Moon will do, thanks! And since you're buying, some Crown Royal...the 100$ bottle :twisted:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Hey Terry,

To really welcome you back proper, please take below eye test.(maximize screen) it will start after advertizement.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/358665/mo ... blindness/

Note: Concentrate on the blinking green dot only.
Note what happens to the yellow dots???
Now, the yellow dots never actually leave(honest)it is in your perception.

If you don't believe me try it again while scanning both sides yellow dots/green dots???(they don't leave) (even then stare at only yellow dots?? :lol:

They say this is why many people while driving looking in the distance think they have side view perception covered(but they don't)

Maybe that is how I never see half the deer cause I am only looking straight ahead at the one! :shock:
Welcome back pard!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Yep, and so it goes indeed.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

:wink:
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

$100.00 crown royal?
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Hello Terry, good to see you around!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Mescalero wrote:$100.00 crown royal?

ya, he is talking that first edition Special Reserve(high class stuff) :lol:

Look where it is made though :shock:
http://www.whiskymag.com/whisky/brand/c ... ky894.html
Gotta be good!
RustyJr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by RustyJr »

Mr. Murbach,
It truly is good to see that you are alive and well. And I must say that I have missed your presence here. I hope you don't stay gone too long if you decide to take a break from this place again.

RustyJr
Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by chadbr »

What I wouldn't give to have all the posts from the old forum. I bet there was more content there in a few years than all the years of this follow up forum.

If anyone has a backup of the database or the raw forum threads, I'd be more than happy to do the work to rebuild the content. I tried to download all the threads before the board died, but it didn't work out.

I can't remember the last time somebody discussed a lower tang swap or a safety replacement....

Anyhow... Hobie, so you know anyone that has the old content?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

madman4570 wrote:
Mescalero wrote:$100.00 crown royal?

ya, he is talking that first edition Special Reserve(high class stuff) :lol:

Look where it is made though :shock:
http://www.whiskymag.com/whisky/brand/c ... ky894.html
Gotta be good!
Smooth...No shiver going down, no bad stomach, easy on ya the next day...straight, one ice cube :wink:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by chadbr »

Not to say I don't like he current board... Still better than any other forum I've been on... But it's certainly not the same as the old board...

Hard to match without Paco, Jim, and the rest running around here.

Chad
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Stan in SC »

Uh...now tell me again.Who was that guy?Terry what?Why was he yelling?Is he hard of hearing?

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
BC in TN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BC in TN »

Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

I felt you were lurking in the back ground and expecting to get slapped in the back of the head for saying something stupid.

Gotta be double dilingent...thanks for acknowledging your presence!
Topside
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Topside »

"I TELL GUYS PROFANELY TO GRTFB AS NOTHING ON THE INTERNET CAN COMPARE......"

That little abbreviation is going in my notebook to remember.

Glad to see you post Mr. M.
"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast."
--Proverbs 12:10