Marlin 97 question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Marlin 97 question

Post by rjohns94 »

2nd variant ok with modern ammo like cci mini mags or is it to be used with lower velocity? Receiver is hardened steel. Thanks in advance
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Marlin 97 question

Post by 6pt-sika »

I had a hybrid of sorts . Everything from the reciever back was an 1897 and everything forward was from a 39A . As to what variant etc it was I honestly don't remmember . But all I ever shot in it was the Winchester standerd velocity T22 ammo and it did nicely out to 50 yards with and old old Weaver B6 rimfire scope on top .
I know I killed washtub full of snapping turtles with it one summer .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

You have to replace the bolt with a newer 39 type to use high velocity .22 LR ammo.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Thanks
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

You had to use standard velocity ammo until the "HS" (high speed) bolt was introduced, in 1932.

You have to replace your bolt with a 39A bolt, not a 39. Stick with the standard velocity ammo and you won't have any problems.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.