Lucky lever day!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Lucky lever day!

Post by Dave »

A month or so ago a buddy wanted to sell a Winchester 94 trapper he picked up on a deal. I wanted it but you can't buy them all. Oh well.....Lord knows I've tried :lol:

Anyway, a guy at work bought it and shot it some. According to the guy who was with him when he shot it, the new owner couldn't hit anything with it while the other guy was ringing steel at 100 yards with it no problem.

The other day the new owner called me and offered the gun to me. I have a soft spot for beater guns since you don't have to baby them. Apparently someone "antiqued" this gun. It looks good to me though. I said "OK" since my money was a little better. Of course I need the gun like a hole in the head.

Today I took it out to spend some quality time with that gun and a few others. Under a blue sky filled with puffy clouds and temps in the 70's I snuggled up to the new gun. I am thinking about putting a 5D on it since I am a peep kind of guy. See how it shoots.

I had put up a brand new target to cover the stuff others left on the target frame. I fired a round at 50 yards off bags. I have learned old guns tend to be on. Sure enough a "10". I waited a couple minutes and fired again. The shot was "unknown".

Now I may not be Annie Oakley but there is no way I missed the entire target. No hole though. I walked down there. I had a hard time believing it but the second round hit the first hole! I wasn't even really using a super fine aiming point each time.

Well, anything can happen. A bullet has to land somewhere right? I wanted to believe though. The gun is good. A real shooter. One holer. I went kneeling and fired again. Right in the X ring baby! This gun is a winner!

I just quit before I yanked one :lol:

First two shots

Third shot

The wonder gun
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Lucky lever day!

Post by earlmck »

Gee Dave, I thinks its going to do you just fine. Nice lookin' too. Has lots of that "character".
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

The receiver looks pretty neat with the browned look
----- Doug
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Very nice! Congrats!
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
toby
Levergunner

Post by toby »

Nice shooting,looks good, how does some one get that "antiqued" look?
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

toby wrote:Nice shooting,looks good, how does some one get that "antiqued" look?
I am not sure how you do that. It does look like an older gun with the nickel steel receiver coming through.
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

SWEET!!!!
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

Hey, that's really nice. I bet you would have put your 3rd shot right up against your first 2 if you hadn't got all excited about your previous shots. :) I've done the same thing. You get yourself all smiling and grinning, and pull your next shot.

I like the looks of your rifle. Looks like honest wear, and you won't have to worry about the first time you knick something, like when you've got a brand new shooter. Congratulations. - DixieBoy
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Nice Gun and what a shooter. Looks like natural wear. Isn't it funny, We buy old Guns and try to make them look new and buy new Guns and make them look Old.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Looks great. Is it a post-64/ pre-8x with the sintered receiver? Does it have a cast or stamped lifter? That era with the coil springs are my favorite 94 triggers.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
1894c

Post by 1894c »

that's a horrible trapper you have there...you deserve much better...send it my way and i'll take that eye-sore off your hands...nice target...really nice target...LUCKY... :)
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

To quote Colonel Whelan, "Only accurate rifles are interesting".

When something is accurate, I seldom let them walk away--------good shootin' :D -----------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

What a gift! Bet it has a sweet trigger too!

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

VERY cool! Late '70s or '80-'82 vintage by the thick plastic buttplate, top eject action & "short" forend. Yep, a good'un for sure! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

A good shooter AND good looking!! I would buy that rifle in a heartbeat. My trapper is a good shooter too but I'm not sure that it is that good. Good for you, hang onto it.