Gun Broker MORONS!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Gun Broker MORONS!

Post by Mike D. »

GB in particular is full of idiots trying to pass off junk Winchesters as "original and untouched". If I see another BS ad with "ultra rare .25-35" or "seldom seen .30 WCF" I'm gonna go bonkers. Well, I already am but that's another story. Most have the message to seller blocked so you can't clue the south bound end of northbound mules in. They are too darned stupid to list a gun as it REALLY is. They relist the stuff over and over and over...Blue book of gun values? That's another selling tool they count on. Not worth the use in an outhouse. 8) :lol:
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Gun Broker MORONS!

Post by .45colt »

Easy now Mike, these Guys don't have much to do.just watch these "rare" pieces of History go round and round every week. after all they are all self-appointed Experts. :o . :lol: .
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Calm down Mike, Ur gonna blow a gasket. Had a problem with some stuff I bought. At the time the seller had 100% rating. I sent it all back and gave negative feedback, the rating dropped to less than 99%. Now I see it is back up to 99. Any questions asked should automatically be posted so the unsuspecting buyer knows what they r dealing with. AARGH
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Here's a money making idea... post a listing as a Pre Bid Reviewer.

Charge a moderate fee ($10 or something) to give a potential buyer a knowledgeable review of the add as listed.

Make sure you disclaim everything well, but it might be a viable business model...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I'm with 'ya Mike, but.............you and I both know thats just the way it is here in the U.S.---the land of great capitalism---there's a seat for every a$s----caveat emptor. :D --------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I do believe they simply feel that, sooner or later, there'll be a fool along that doesn't mind parting with his money. P.T. Barnum was right. And these "clowns" rely on it.

If GB made them pay for their ads, they'd certainly tone it back to ensure a sale.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I looked at a Noble double barrel .410. he had it priced like a Winchester.
So I wrote to him and got a scathing reply, VERY rude.
Watched it for three weeks, never did move; I lost interest.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Old Ironsights wrote:Here's a money making idea... post a listing as a Pre Bid Reviewer.

Charge a moderate fee ($10 or something) to give a potential buyer a knowledgeable review of the add as listed.

Make sure you disclaim everything well, but it might be a viable business model...
I was going to comment that "If I ever were going to try to buy a genuine collector piece, I'd want to run it by you and see what you thought about it - I'm sure I'd be easily fooled by a wheeler-dealer, or even just an 'overly-optimistic' seller..."

But now. . . thanks to Old Ironsights :roll: . . . if I do, I'll have to fork over a "moderate fee". . . :?

It would be money well-earned, though; sounds like you've spent years studying the subject, got good grades, and know your stuff. 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Not GB but E-bay, I noticed last night that a hammer for a 73 that I sent back because it had the wrong stirrup is listed again. Lister says "I'm not sure if the stirrup is original but the hammer is". Of course it is not original, I told Him it wasn't. :lol:
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
1badf350
Levergunner

Post by 1badf350 »

Theres one on there now being passed off as factory engraved and its not. Seller wants $8000. The kicker is that the exact rifle just sold at RIA for $2500ish and was clearly not represented as being factory engraved.
http://www.winchestercollector.org/foru ... php?t=5061
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

I bought only two guns off GB, got stung badly both times by inaccurate and exaggerated statement of condition. Never again.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

I've bought a few things off of gunbroker, but it's like a gunshow or anything else , you have to know what you're looking for and what it's worth.
:shock: There are morons on both ends of many of the sales that happen there, the morons that put the prices to high and the morons that pay those prices. :roll:
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

jnyork wrote:I bought only two guns off GB, got stung badly both times by inaccurate and exaggerated statement of condition. Never again.

That sort of happened to me once, but quite a few times i have been pleasantly surprised ---- possibly the difference for me is i never really bought anything from GB i would consider as truly collectible (a pretty loose collection of Model 94 Winchesters in varying calibers, along with black rifle stuff) , and i also rationalize that, even if i pay 50-75 bucks more than i should have, eventually the gun will be worth more anyway and the purchase price will be a dim memory :D

sometimes its easier and cheaper to buy new guns from dealers on GB than going through a local --- i saved a ton on a garden variety Glock purchase over the cheapest retail store in town, plus , if its new, you can oftentimes find it somewhere on GB long before your local emporium gets it
----- Doug
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I've been pretty lucky with Gun Broker. So far, everything I've purchased was as advertised, the transactions went fairly smoothly to excellent. Knock on wood!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Ysabel Kid wrote:I've been pretty lucky with Gun Broker. So far, everything I've purchased was as advertised, the transactions went fairly smoothly to excellent. Knock on wood!
Same here.

I've been happy with every deal I've made so far, and the people I've dealt with have been top-drawer, to a man.

I guess it's just been luck.

:roll:

:?:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I've found that a moron can be anywhere, not just on GunBroker, that's only one of the many places they can be found.

(They're everywhere, they're everywhere ! ;) )

smokenrust
Levergunner 2.0

Post by smokenrust »

"I've found that a moron can be anywhere, not just on GunBroker, that's only one of the many places they can be found.

(They're everywhere, they're everywhere ! )"

Even at home... and I won't name names, specially the one typing this.
But I can say is, each aquistion has been a learning experiance.. and most of them been great in the fact you 'meet' the other fellow via net or phone. I usually call the seller somewhere either during or after the auction and get to know what he knows about the gun... like one seller, "it was my grandfathers but it doesn't function..." etc.
(discloser) Not a gunsmith, just a tinkerer at heart, it gets me into trouble, When I take it apart...
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I have only bought one gun on the net in my life. While it was advertised as just simply being in good condition, it turned out to be unfired, NIB with all tools, papers etc. It was a 3" model 36 s&w about 35 years old! I have many fine guns I have been thinking of selling at this stage of life but hesitate to list them on line. I would rather sell them face to face at a gun show or whatever so their can be no argument about claimed condition. On line, I probley would get considerably higher prices due to larger exposure, but I hate argueing with a horse`s butt trying to get something for nothing extra after he buys it.