roaai md 92 spring kit.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
two bit okie
Levergunner 2.0

roaai md 92 spring kit.

Post by two bit okie »

I just installed gunfighter spring kit from Browells in my mod 92.

weigh tool was a berkly fish scale, dial face. use the numbers only as a reference point.

before after
rack action 8-9 down to 4.5-5

trigger 4.5 to 5 down to 2 to 2.4

very noticeable, very smooth.

My install did not go nearly so easily as on the utube video, but it works. no screws or springs left over, and be ready for a huge diference.

Just a little more,

the ejecter rod must go thru the little collet, and collet must be allilgned with toothy part of the bolt or the rod will not go all the way in. also, if you can get the rod in all the way take the bolt pin that holds the lever to bolt, and slide it in. everytlhig goes easily after that. Also recommended is take some 400 grit and clean up the ejecter rod it self

Good luck and happy installing.

also a perfect opportunity to stone internals to get rid of sharp edges and jagged edges.
flightsimmer
Levergunner 2.0

Re: roaai md 92 spring kit.

Post by flightsimmer »

I found it real easy to assemble if you install the ejector, collar and spring in the bolt and then insert a fired cartridge into the face of the bolt, hold it with your finger then slide the whole assembly into the receiver untill the mouth of the fired cartridge enters the chamber mouth, that will hold everything in place untill you install the lever and the screw.
I found the '92 real easy to work with.
Last edited by flightsimmer on Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.
If possible, so much as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. Rom 12:18
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

flightsimmer wrote:I found the '92 real easy to work with.
That was not my experience, and I did all 3 of mine. Not nearly as easy as my Marlins.
flightsimmer
Levergunner 2.0

Post by flightsimmer »

I've been looking for a straight grip Marlin in 44 Magnum with a 18-20" barrel and no checkering for quite some time now and have yet to find one in any configuration that I would consider buying, but I'm still looking for a good one. When I find it, it will be a jewel. I found a 30-30 Marlin that I had to cock behind my knee like my old Daisy, Red Ryder when I was a kid, man was it stiff.
10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.
If possible, so much as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. Rom 12:18
two bit okie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by two bit okie »

flitesimmer
I had both the rossi and a marlin 1894 at the some time and just preferred the Rossi. My son now has the marlin and I kept the rossi. No real proble with the marlin (2006 vintage) I just dont like the fat forend. and never liked the marlin lever hump on the bottom. The Rossi with its lilttle skinny cresent butt was not user friendly for fat shoulders.s

on the plus side, both guns fed the 310 cast bullet out of lee molds and were acceptably accurate. reliabllity was excellent with both.

which one to keep fell to looks and the rossi won out.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

flightsimmer wrote:"I found it real easy to assemble if you install the ejector, collar and spring in the bolt and then insert a fired cartridge into the face of the bolt, hold it with your finger then slide the whole assembly into the receiver untill the mouth of the fired cartridge enters the chamber mouth, that will hold everything in place untill you install the lever and the screw."
+1 to that.
flightsimmer wrote:"I found the '92 real easy to work with."
I'm not quite there yet, but maybe I will after the next teardown... (I hope.) :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH