The Deadeye Range

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

The Deadeye Range

Post by octagon »

Dad and I always talked about building a rifle range at the Cactus Ranch, but after regular ranch chores being done, never got around to it. The Boy and I fixed that little problem the other day and hauled a pile of 4x4s out there and got busy.
West Texas is plenty hot, so we picked a nice big mesquite for shade on the edge of a 35 acre wheat patch and leveled up our new 8 foot long shooting bench overlooking about 450 yards of flat as a flapjack wheat field. We made two benches to sit out of 2x10s custom fit to the height of a 10 year old shooter and one for me.
As we built the range in honor of my recently deceased Dad, we naturally planned to use his old Rem 700 22-250 for the first shot to break it in. The range was 250 yards. The target was 4 pounds of TANNERITE taped to a 2x2.
In a loud voice I barked the commands just like old Dad used to, for fun...
Ready on the Right! Ready on the Left! Ready on the Firing Line! The Flag is Up!
The Flag Is Waving! Fire! KABLUEY!!
The Deadeye Range is officially open!
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Re: The Deadeye Range

Post by claybob86 »

Congratulations on your new range! :D Where's the picture? :) What part of Texas are you in?
Have you hugged your rifle today?
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

:D
Newtmaker
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Newtmaker »

SWEET!!!!

WALT
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

FOUR POUNDS OF TANNERITE? WOW!

I thought I heard something wake me up from my nap yesterday.

That must equal 'bout a 1/2 a stick of dynamite.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
smokenrust
Levergunner 2.0

Post by smokenrust »

Opened the range with a BANG... Your dad would have been proud the way you qouted what he would say. congradulations... Now have fun with your son!
(discloser) Not a gunsmith, just a tinkerer at heart, it gets me into trouble, When I take it apart...
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Clay bob we are about an hour out of San Angelo, Texas, home of Goodfellow Air Force Base.
Rusty my cuzbro lives just down from our place, and launched a bathtub with some TANNERITE. I don't know how much was required or distance/height achieved. I am going with my hot wife to the ranch at sunup tomorrow and will check on that info. We are gonna blow up 5-10 lbs on Sunday evening at 300 yards with .270 A bolt.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

octagon wrote:Clay bob we are about an hour out of San Angelo, Texas, home of Goodfellow Air Force Base.
Rusty my cuzbro lives just down from our place, and launched a bathtub with some TANNERITE. I don't know how much was required or distance/height achieved. I am going with my hot wife to the ranch at sunup tomorrow and will check on that info. We are gonna blow up 5-10 lbs on Sunday evening at 300 yards with .270 A bolt.
yep! fellas down south sure do love to blow stuff up. Good luck with the range.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Kewlness
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot