Vic Allen - actor old westerns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
smokenrust
Levergunner 2.0

Vic Allen - actor old westerns

Post by smokenrust »

I have been searching the web for any info on Vic Allen that was an actor back in the 20's. Some westerns he played in, The Outlaw Dog. Actor. 1927. The Sonora Kid. Actor. 1927. Vic Dyson Pays. Actor. 1925 ...
At present, all I find is he acted in several films and usually played under his name... Can't find any other info on him.
Awhile back I found one spot where I watched one episode he was in but I can't even find that link now.
Any of you watch any of the old westerns and know what became of the actors?? Well , I guess all those actors from the twenties would be resting now in their final roundup. ...
Guess to be more precise, I would like a synopses of Vic's life.
Thanks...
(discloser) Not a gunsmith, just a tinkerer at heart, it gets me into trouble, When I take it apart...
Hobie

Re: Vic Allen - actor old westerns

Post by Hobie »

Victor Allen - (aka Vic Allen, Victor Allan) There were several "Victor Allen"s living in the Los Angeles area in the 1920s and 1930s. NONE show their work as "actor" on the census. One owned a filling station, one was a caretaker, another the son of a local farmer and so forth. That's not surprising, one would have to pay the bills between gigs. A caretaker might have the easiest time of moving back and forth between additional jobs. That Victor Allen was born in California about 1880 and his wife Anna was from Washington, born 1883. The proprietor of the gas station is the same age, i.e. about 46 in 1926. Too old, too young?

Filmography
Come on, Cowboys (1937) [Actor .... Circus Pitchman Jim] (as Victor Allan)
The Mysterious Avenger (1936) [Actor .... Posse] (uncredited)
The Saddle King (1929) [Actor]
Trail of the Horse Thieves (1929) [Actor .... Sheriff] (as Vic Allen)
Greased Lightning (1928) [Actor .... Jack Crane]
The Outlaw Dog (1927) [Actor .... Sheriff] (as Vic Allen)
The Sonora Kid (1927) [Actor .... Sheriff] (as Vic Allen)
Lawless Trails (1926) [Actor .... Mojave Kid]
Don X (1925) [Actor .... Pecos Pete]
Vic Dyson Pays (1925) [Actor .... Madden] (as Vic Allen)
Fast and Fearless (1924) [Actor .... Sheriff Hawkins]
Pot Luck Pards (1924) [Actor .... Flush Dyer]
Rainbow Rangers (1924) [Actor .... Frank Owens]
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
smokenrust
Levergunner 2.0

Post by smokenrust »

Thanks Hobie,
Now, do you know where these movies were possibly made?

Here's a pic that made me think about Vic, I wonder why.. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
(discloser) Not a gunsmith, just a tinkerer at heart, it gets me into trouble, When I take it apart...
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

That's neat! Well, I don't know much beyond what you told me but I'd like to help. It is sometimes absolutely amazing what one can find out about a person who lived between 1880 and today.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson