S&W M64 revolvers for $250

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Irelander
Levergunner 2.0

S&W M64 revolvers for $250

Post by Irelander »

Just wanted to give you all a heads up if you haven't seen this already.

http://www.vanceoutdoors.com/flyer/flyer.pdf

http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore. ... d-firearms

A lot of guys over on smith-wessonforum.com have great things to say about these police trade ins.

Get 'em while you can.
The time has come to stand for all we believe in.

Glock Certified Armorer
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: S&W M64 revolvers for $250

Post by Rusty »

That would make a nice bummin around pistol at that price.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Why is this pistol illegal in California?
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Hmmm.... very tempting!
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

IT is not legal in California because of SB 215, the handgun safety law,a legal act of extortion by Sacramento by which firearms companies have to submit their product (handguns) for testing at a price to be permitted to sell them in the state for a limited time period.Oddly enough SSA's were exempt from the start.Now every cosmetic change seems to require testing,since S&W no longer makes the M64 it is off the list while other models with the same action are legal.We now have a senator yee who wants to make the bullet button illegal as well.He of course is from the bay area which leads one to believe he has zero knowledge of firearms in general among other things.
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Irelander wrote:Just wanted to give you all a heads up if you haven't seen this already.

http://www.vanceoutdoors.com/flyer/flyer.pdf

A lot of guys over on smith-wessonforum.com have great things to say about these police trade ins.

Get 'em while you can.
Just make positive you buy online and have shipped to your dealer! I used to buy all my guns at Vance's in the 70's and 80's. Then the grandfather and father Vance retired and let the 'kid' run it! Customer service went out the window, now you take a ticket like at Cabelas. The attitude of the help changed and last time I was in there---- 5 years ago now. One of the clerks dry fired a display gun pointed at my leg. Needless to say-- I had a discussion with 'the kid' and I don't shop there anymore! :shock:

Sportsman's Outdoor is a very nice friendly gunstore on the other hand! :mrgreen:
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Police trade-ins?

What department or city is still running revolvers or would even have them setting around in the lockers? I thought every one and their dog went over to semi's at least by the end of the '90's.

So saying, when I was working I carried a Glock. I wouldn't have had any issue lugging around a Ruger GP100 or S&W 586/686. When I started in '96, chief deputy said he had just given up his revolver, not that there was anything wrong with it but because everyone else was carrying semi-autos.
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

buckeyeshooter wrote:[Just make positive you buy online and have shipped to your dealer! I used to buy all my guns at Vance's in the 70's and 80's. Then the grandfather and father Vance retired and let the 'kid' run it! Customer service went out the window, now you take a ticket like at Cabelas. The attitude of the help changed and last time I was in there---- 5 years ago now. One of the clerks dry fired a display gun pointed at my leg. Needless to say-- I had a discussion with 'the kid' and I don't shop there anymore! :shock:

Sportsman's Outdoor is a very nice friendly gunstore on the other hand! :mrgreen:
I stopped in Vance's once. After standing there for 15 mintues wondering how to get waited on, I THEN figured out I had to take a number and wait for it to be called. They were so crowded, I just turned around and left.
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

Many of these were also carried by security guards.....a large number of Model 10s and Model 64s were traded in to J & G Sales in Arizona in the past year or two (I understand they were traded in on new Glocks). These had been used by Brinks if I remember correctly. A few deputies still carry revolvers in my area of the world. I own a S & W M&P Model (pre-Model 10) from the 40s that was a local PD Service revolver. Major blue wear but tight and accurate as if new. $249 seems like a great price....

rick
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Actually, there was an article in the paper a while back that these revolvers were the last trade in from the Ohio Prision System. Vance's has long held many of the law enforcement bids for the state of Ohio. Probably some Columbus PD trades there from retirement age cops too.
dogngun
Levergunner 1.0

Post by dogngun »

wecsoger wrote:Police trade-ins?

What department or city is still running revolvers or would even have them setting around in the lockers? I thought every one and their dog went over to semi's at least by the end of the '90's.

So saying, when I was working I carried a Glock. I wouldn't have had any issue lugging around a Ruger GP100 or S&W 586/686. When I started in '96, chief deputy said he had just given up his revolver, not that there was anything wrong with it but because everyone else was carrying semi-autos.

FWIW, back in the mid 1970's the PA State Police carried stainless 6" Ruger Security Six's...they looked very impressive in that long holster, and I have no doubt a lot of bad guys had second thoughts when facing one of those cannons...They are very collectable today...(I have an old blue Six 2 3/4" under my pillow for sweet dreams...)

These Smiths are the end of an era...

mark
The GOP/teabag party - Anti American AND stupid.
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

...did anyone see the 870s?:

There is no mistaking where they came from: "OHIO":

...but they are out of stock! :| :evil: :!: :roll: They went fast!

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage