Hondo Lane in Rio Lobo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RustyJr
Levergunner 3.0

Hondo Lane in Rio Lobo

Post by RustyJr »

I've watched the movie Rio Lobo numerous times. As I was sitting here watching it this evening in the scene where John Wayne is talking to the Sheriff and the girl comes in trying to get help about a friend that was murdered, if you look at one of the three wanted posters on the wall just inside the door the name on one of them is Hondo Lane. Has anyone else noticed this before? Kinda makes me wonder if there are any other "hidden things" in any of his other movies.

RustyJr
Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Hondo Lane in Rio Lobo

Post by RIHMFIRE »

yep....
i think hondo was one of the bad guys in
angel and the badman
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
RustyJr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by RustyJr »

I was wondering if it was someone with a sense of humor that did it back then since one of John Wayne's other characters was Hondo Lane.

RustyJr
Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

Thanks for pointing that out. Now just to double check you boys I'll have to set down this weekend if it rains and watch it again.
Cast Bullet Hunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cast Bullet Hunter »

According to IMDB, the only Hondo Lane character in any movie was Hondo Lane played by John Wayne in the movie "Hondo".

Almost anything you want to know about almost any movie ever made: http://www.imdb.com/
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

it was Hondo Jeffries, not Lane, in Angle and the Bad Man...

one of the three bad guys who came to the house to get Quirt.....
the bad guy who in the chase gets knocked off horse by tree branch (uncredited)
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS