Back on the internet, still healing...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
tattoo13
Levergunner 1.0

Back on the internet, still healing...

Post by tattoo13 »

I had my modem die and being out of work for a couple months from my wreck it was not a priority to get fixed, but it is now and it is nice to be able to have some entertainment!

I finally got to my motorcycle and looked it over good. Makes me sad to see it so beat up, it has been my companion for a lot of miles and we have see so much together and now we are both banged up!
Luckily I think we will both be back whole and riding again by the summer.

J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Back on the internet, still healing...

Post by J Miller »

OUCH!!!!! That had to hurt.
What did you hit?

Glad to hear you're healing, nothing's worse than being laid up and miserable.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Sorry to see and hear that tattoo. It looks pretty banged up, can it be fixed and rideable ? U didn't by chance run into (or get run into) by a Red Toyota did U. :lol: Heal well and glad to see You back here. Prayers for Ya.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
tattoo13
Levergunner 1.0

Post by tattoo13 »

I actually lost the front end on gravel in a blind curve, the bike and I slid across the road and into a guardrail (separately).

I had 6 broken ribs and a new plate with 13 screws in my wrist, but I am on the up side now, and will hopefully be back to work in a week!
tattoo13
Levergunner 1.0

Post by tattoo13 »

pwl44m wrote:It looks pretty banged up, can it be fixed and rideable ?

Best I can tell is it is just the forks and clamps. The frame looks straight, but I have to tear it down, measure it and straight edge it.
If it is dead I don't know what I will do, either part out what I can and sell the rest for scrap, or maybe I'll make a wicked 1200cc go-cart out of it. :shock:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

So sorry for your pain and loss. I'm a rider too and so i know of the bond you feel with a bike that you have spent a lot of time with. Like a cowboy/horse relationship. I hope everything works out well for you. Glad you're ok.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Dang! That bike (and it's rider!) took quite a hit. Glad to hear you're healing up, tattoo.

We've slowed down in the motorcycle fatalities around this area -- down to about one per week. Last week we lost a fellow who was testing out his dirt bike in the late evening on the street in front of his house when he ran into his own dog. Killed both. This week we lost the lady wildlife biologist from our local Fish & Game office when she ran into the bike ahead of her, went down on the pavement and took a bad bounce.

Good reminders to us old bikers to take it just a little easier and stay alert!
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Mend well, and ride carefully :) Gravel SUCKS! :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Retro
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Retro »

Hard to tell from one pic, but that frame looks straight.

I'd look at the clearances between the engine and the frame all 'round, maybe compare it with an identical unpranged bike... if it looks straight, it probably is straight :-)

The only problem might be the at the top where the fork hangs off the frame.

New fork and bits and you're GTG :-)
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Glad you fixin'.

What a cracking bike, my first 1000cc+ bike when they came out. I hated how it handled! That was untill I fixed it! I dropped the yokes through the forks just 1/2" and wow what a transformation, just twitch the bars the opposite way and over it would go :D Excellent.

Loads of forks fit them, if the frame has no lifted paint or cracks may be ok.

Not saying you did but lots of folks don't use the rear brake. The main reason I find is it is not adjusted to their foot so it is easy to reach which then encourages them to always use the fronts. Thats ok untill you hit loose stuff! The rear brake gets used more on my bikes all the time, it is great when going in to hot, gently scrubbing speed without upsetting the bike.

Hope that bike fixes, it's the only four I like!!

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!