Just bought a Rossi Ranch Hand.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jh45gun
Levergunner 3.0

Just bought a Rossi Ranch Hand.

Post by jh45gun »

Darn you guys talking about these lately. :lol: :lol: :lol: Did some trading to get it I should have it on Thurs. It is a 45 Colt. Slightly used, metal perfect, wood just a couple of small dings. I can probably rub them out with the glass rod I got for cue stick dings. I have always wanted one of these decided to pull the trigger and get one. Lever is smooth on this one and it has a good trigger.
A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Just bought a Rossi Ranch Hand.

Post by 2ndovc »

jh45gun wrote:Darn you guys talking about these lately. :lol: :lol: :lol: Did some trading to get it I should have it on Thurs. It is a 45 Colt. Slightly used, metal perfect, wood just a couple of small dings. I can probably rub them out with the glass rod I got for cue stick dings. I have always wanted one of these decided to pull the trigger and get one. Lever is smooth on this one and it has a good trigger.

I almost bought one last weekend but I came across a deal on a 94 in .45 Colt I couldn't pass up.

Before someone else says it. Where's the pictures? :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
jh45gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jh45gun »

I do not have the gun in possession yet 48 hour waiting period for handguns in WI. I will get it on Thurs. So no pics yet.
A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.
two bit okie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by two bit okie »

mine had a trigger return spring pull of 7 pounds. gunslinger spring kit, 2 pounds, trigger pull 3 pounds, action rack of 4 pounds.

nope have not shot it yet.
jh45gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jh45gun »

Did not weigh this one but it feels good from what I could tell at the gun shop I would say about the 3 to 4 pound range.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

As an aside, not meant to hijack your thread, but could you tell me about a glass rod for cue sitcks? Fix wood dings?
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
jh45gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jh45gun »

Sure let me look it up.
jh45gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jh45gun »

http://www.pooldawg.com/product/cue-doctor-dent-buffer

Put the ball part in the inside of your hand and put your index finger over the top of the glass rod and rub over the wood.
jh45gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jh45gun »

7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

My wife just ordered one today - it will be here tomorrow. She has been wanting one for a while, and my 5-year-old daughter loves the things, especially case coloured.
jh45gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jh45gun »

Yea the color cased ones are very nice but I could not swing one of them. I was happy to find this one slightly used so I could get a used price. The metal to wood fit is nice on this one and the metal is perfect.
jh45gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jh45gun »

I put a Uncle Mikes Magnum Split barrel band for a quick detach swivel on the magazine tube and made a sling that goes over the shoulder and out to the barrel band. I had this set up for my Encore also it makes for a sturdy rest when shooting off hand as your pushing the gun out and the sling steadies it.