new marlins

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
two bit okie
Levergunner 2.0

new marlins

Post by two bit okie »

Does any know if Remington is producing Marlins (that means actually making and selling), or is the production line still shut down for "training and qc restructing".
1894c

Re: new marlins

Post by 1894c »

i think i bought my REM-Marlin in April of theis year...but as you mention, my corner LGS says he hasn't seen any in awhile either...i would like to get a 1894C in .357, but might just buy a Rossi... :)
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Psssssstttt, here's a rumor I've just started ..... 'er heard.

The new Marlins are made in Norinco's Brazilian factory just across the street from the Rossi factory. Last I heard they raided Rossi's trash dump for parts every night.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
two bit okie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by two bit okie »

J miller, I heard the nearly the same. but I heard that rossi was now building the leverguns for remington. with better results.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

two bit okie wrote:J miller, I heard the nearly the same. but I heard that rossi was now building the leverguns for remington. with better results.
L :lol: L That would not surprise me one bit.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

The local gun stores are rife with new, and used RemLins....no one wants them, it seems.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
willygene
Levergunner 2.0

Post by willygene »

i will take a rossi over a remlin anytime, if they they did raid the dumpster for parts it would be a better rifle.
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

wow, this is sounding pretty harsh.

I'm glad I bought my Marlin in 2002.

When I moved to a rifle county in 02, my first goal was to buy a 30-30 levergun - and I was sure I wanted a winchester - until I went to several gun shops and looked at several marlins and winchesters and realized that I liked the marlins more - they seemed way more solid and tight and smooth - so I bought one and it has been an awesome gun. Its really really really sad to see something like this happen to good guns.