OT--Macho Shooter !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

OT--Macho Shooter !

Post by getitdone1 »

Ever did some really "he-man" stuff with a gun? (Macho stuff south of the border.)

Remember a guy who was going to be smart and shot his 30-06 off the upper part of his leg. Oooh did that hurt! Rested the butt on front of his upper leg.

I shot a 12 ga SxS w/high brass loads--both barrels at once-----twice. Once from my shoulder and once from my side. With the latter the barrel release lever dug into the web of my hand pretty good.

Any tough guys here who know how to shoot a gun like a man? Or, shot a monster gun and thought noth'in of it.

Don McCullough
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Shot one of those .45-70 six-shooters once! I ain't a he-man, don't even like the .44 Magnum!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

One time in an afternoon back in the seventies, I was drinking huge amounts of beer, so I had plenty of beer muscles. A guy let me squeeze off two shots from a Ruger Single Six loaded with .22 CB Caps.--------Whoa!!! Never forget that one. :D

All kidding aside, I strongly dislike heavy recoiling guns. I have pulled the triggers of both barrels of a double barreled shotgun many times during CAS matches. I have shot just about every rifle caliber made from the .22 to the 460 Weatherby to the 50 BMG. ( a single shot ) While I was not afraid of them, I just did not care for the recoil. Its no fun dealing with the blast. I shoot for fun and enjoyment. Even my 44 mags. are loaded with 10 grains of Unique. Most all of my rifle loads are with cast bullets traveling 1100-2K-----I guess I'm a sissy----Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Sixgun wrote:All kidding aside, I strongly dislike heavy recoiling guns. -----I guess I'm a sissy----Sixgun
Right there with ya! Shooting should be fun and to me recoil ain't that fun.

The closest I got to "he-man" was either firing a .50 BMG rifle or a .410 Contender pistol.
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I guess you need to define "monster".

My primary woods gun in AK was a 6" FA Casull loaded with 350gr Cast at 1700fps. I could (and did) fire it with one hand.

I also have been known to shoot my M500 with 3" slugs from the hip with the floding stock collapsed.

I guess, though, one of my favorite monsters is my .72 cal double C&B pistol.

80gr of Black Powder under a 1oz slug from a 4" barrel.

:shock: BOOM! BOOM! :twisted:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Post by getitdone1 »

Griff wrote:Shot one of those .45-70 six-shooters once! I ain't a he-man, don't even like the .44 Magnum!
Griff,

I seen a guy walking along at a gun show in California. Biggest danged holster and handgun I ever did see. I stopped him and asked him what he had. Sure enough a huge single-action 45-70. 5 shot cylinder is my guess.

That's one gun I'm sure I'll never have.

Don McCullough
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Dang OI!!! :shock: :o :wink: Neat pistol. My most brutal recoil experience was with the short Mossberg 835 Turkey gun in 3.5" mag(Aluminum frame and light as a feather). I dunno....lots of guys shoot em around here and they wouldn't use anything else. Me, I pulled the trigger a couple of times and that was enough for me. When I was about 11 years old me, my Dad and his buddy were kicking around the Desert north of Phoenix and I had my Uncles borrowed Remington Mod. 1900 in 16 Gauge. Went to shoot at a Crow and had both fingers on both triggers and both barrels went at the same time....nice fireball, and the only gun which almost knocked me to the ground. I was very embarrassed but it gave everyone a laugh.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

I guess the two heavy pushing guns I have shot are a H&R 10ga and my Mosin Nagant.

The only experiance I really have with pistols is my ROA, and it kinda gets old shooting the 40g loads. Digs into my palm.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

The most memorable big kickers for me:

A Shiloh 1874 Sharps #3 rifle, caliber 50-140. I was shooting a 650 grain bullet in front of 130 grains black powder. Shooting offhand, every shot knocked my glasses down on my nose and my hat fell off! I went 13 shots before I decided that was enough "fun".

Then there was my brother's flintlock rifle, a 2 bore weighing 23 lbs.! It shoots a half-pound round ball. With 150-200gr. Fg it was not too bad. I fired it twice with 300 gr. Fg. First time the torque caused the rifle to jump right off my shoulder (I shoot left-handed). I didn't drop it, but the force did catch me off guard. Second shot I was ready and kept the gun to my shoulder. It's a wonder I didn't get a detached retina. :o
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I guess I qualify here,
you guys be the judge.
I worked for W.R.Weaver Co. , of El Paso ,Texas; they made telescopic rifle scopes, mounts, etc.
Under the factory was a 100 yard range.
As the Q.C trouble shooter for metal manufacturing & assembly; part of my assignment was to do the test shooting for the company.
As the days were always filled with work , test shooting was done on Sat.
As a division of Winchester, 90% of the shooting was done with a model 70 Winchester, in .458 Win Mag. I did this almost every week, for 5 years. Shot the throats out of three Model 70's during this time frame.
Had a good time, but I can not say I like the heavys.
Like other people have said, shooting should be fun
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Got some friends who are REAL gun nuts, so I've shot .50 BMG and .458 Win Mag and a few lesser odds and ends. I do like to shoot my .44 Mag revolver, it keeps the .357 from scaring me too bad... :oops:
Have you hugged your rifle today?
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

I was hunting geese years ago in Wharton Texas, when a friend suggested I try his 10 gage sxs. I tried it, and both barrels went off when I noticed my ears were cold - it knocked my hat right off. I did get three Canada geese that day, all with my 870 and hot loads.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Andrew wrote:I guess the two heavy pushing guns I have shot are a H&R 10ga and my Mosin Nagant.

The only experiance I really have with pistols is my ROA, and it kinda gets old shooting the 40g loads. Digs into my palm.

Don't try this at home, Andrew, but the Ruger Old Army I used to have in Brazil was often loaded with a Brazilian smokeless powder under Lee's conicals. That's a LOT more kick than the 40 grain load, it was along the lines of the heavier smokeless "Ruger Only" loads in 45 Colt for recoil. Anyway, experiment with your grip. The ROA should roll up in your hand when you fire it, that is, the barrel should rotate upwards under recoil. It helps absorb some of the energy.

Since I don't get to shoo much down here, it always takes me a while to get used to shooting a handgun again. I start with a 22 then move to a 38 spl, up to the 44 spl and then the Colt 45. I tried that all in one night last month (was in the US for a couple weeks) and found that's no substitute for working up over time. :D Anyway, keep your eye open for a 36 caliber black powder gun as an "understudy" to the ROA. If you shoot reasonably often then you'll learn to handle the recoil much better. Once or twice a year ain't often enough to develop good technique with a handgun.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Jeff Quinn
Shootist

Post by Jeff Quinn »

I shot a T/C handgun chambered for the .460 Weatherby Magnum, but that was nothing!

I once told my wife that when she unbuttoned her jeans, it looked like popping open a can of biscuits. Once.
Jeff Quinn
gunblast.com
Killer Kanuck
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Killer Kanuck »

octagon wrote:I was hunting geese years ago in Wharton Texas, when a friend suggested I try his 10 gage sxs. I tried it, and both barrels went off when I noticed my ears were cold - it knocked my hat right off.
I had a Zabala 10g double that did that on me. First thing I did was check my nose to make sure it wasn't broken - darn thing jumped up into my face. Shoulder was OK, but not something I'd like to do again.
Ram Hammer
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ram Hammer »

My worst experience was when I shot a Shiloh Sharps in a Black Powder Silhouette match. This particular rifle has a military style stock. Most of the competitors shoot shot gun style stock. But with a lot of drop at the comb and a steel butt plate, it was murder in the prone position. I fired a 40 target match, (about 50 rounds with sighters), and bruised the heck out of my shoulder and collar bone. I was using a PAST recoil pad but it was a poor fit and kept slipping down onto my chest. And that rifles is only a 40-70 Sharps Straight! I'd hate to touch one off chambered in one of the 50-XX cartridges

:shock:
No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself

There's no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you.
Will Rogers
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Jeff Quinn wrote:...I once told my wife that when she unbuttoned her jeans, it looked like popping open a can of biscuits. Once.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Did something similar... Unlike recoil, the fallout is impossible to get used to! :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Holy smokes Jeff! You've either got really big cajones or no brains. Boy, oh boy.

When I was about 10 years old I shot a 12 gauge SXS from the hip. Both barrels and I ended up holding on to it by the barrels when it stopped. The catch lever tore through my right hand something awful. I've never done that again with any firearm.
Old Law Dawg
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Jeff Quinn wrote:I once told my wife that when she unbuttoned her jeans, it looked like popping open a can of biscuits. Once.
Now that epitomizes "manly". Not smart, but it IS manly!

I once answered the "Am I getting fat?" question (FIRST wife). Just call me ignorant. :lol:

PS. She remembered my answer 8 years later when she left... :shock:
Last edited by Hobie on Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Jeff Quinn wrote:I shot a T/C handgun chambered for the .460 Weatherby Magnum, but that was nothing!

I once told my wife that when she unbuttoned her jeans, it looked like popping open a can of biscuits. Once.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Why do they ask those questions?
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Jeff Quinn wrote:I shot a T/C handgun chambered for the .460 Weatherby Magnum, but that was nothing!

I know you and I have had a difference of opinion once in awhile Jeff but I gotta say, we can't be too far apart as you appear to be a man that likes a little meat with his potatos as I do. :D
ED
Yer never too old
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Told a little indian girl yes to that question once, that was the end of that.
Mutual associates tell me she is on husband # 5 now.
Seems some other dummies answered yes also.
ohwin94_61
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ohwin94_61 »

shot a 12 gauge when i was 10 or shot a buddies dads Ruger blackhawk in 30 carbine with no ear protection ears rang for 2 days l :roll:
Last edited by ohwin94_61 on Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dastook
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dastook »

Loaded up some hot loads for my 45/70 and went to the range. Shot about ten of them and my shoulder started hurting. I forgot I am on blood thinners due to a pulmanary embolism I had. Well ended up in the emegency room that night with a hematoma, have no idea how to spell that, that covered my right arm, shoulder and the whole right side of my torso.
Last edited by Dastook on Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

NRA Life Endowment
SASS & CAS

Born in Idaho, the same great state Elmer Keith & Jack O'Conner lived in and loved.
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

*grins sheepishly

We used to set 12 ga. shells in the crook of a sapling and then shoot them with a Ruger 10-22 until we could set them off -at a "safe" distance of 50 yds.

:roll:
Texican
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Texican »

kimwcook wrote:When I was about 10 years old I shot a 12 gauge SXS from the hip. Both barrels and I ended up holding on to it by the barrels when it stopped. The catch lever tore through my right hand something awful. I've never done that again with any firearm.
Did something similar: I was 18 and had a $100.00 pawn shop Stevens 311 coach gun with a pistol grip. It was about 20 degrees in November just outside Kilgore, Texas when I decided to shoot a leftover Jack-O-Lantern with it. My buddy Thomas was there as a witness. I put in 2 high brass buckshot loads, leveled it with one hand and pulled both triggers. The recoil pulled the forearm off [more accurate to say the recoil pulled the gun off the forearm - it was hanging in midair while the gun was rising]. I did manage to hang on to the gun but after the shot it was way over my head [pointed straight up at arms length] and I was holding it by the receiver. The action lever had ripped through the web of my thumb, requiring 7 stitches to repair. I missed the pumpkin. Thomas was kind enough to drive me to the hospital while I applied pressure.

When at the hospital getting the stitches, hearing occasional snickers from the MD, I asked the doc, "Will I be able to play the violin after this?"

He replied, "Sure."

I said, "Great! Because I never was able to before." :D

He answered that one with, "Be quiet or I'll put in another 7 stitches." :oops:
Texican

Gentlemanly Rogue, Projectilist of Distinction, and Son of Old Republic

Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Well I don't know if it was HeMan or not.. more like dumb kid..Let loose w/ a 12ga sxs both barrels at once one handed.. Aimed like apistol ;) ..lol'.. I remember looking down at the neatly rolled back flesh on my third finger cut in from the trigger guard..Took a few seconds before the blood started oozing...
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Several years ago I went to a Hog Hunt at Mark Hampton's place in Missouri. While I was there one of the other hunters had JD Jone's T/C in 500 S&W with as I recall a 6" barrel.

I was willing to give it a try but once I got up to the firing line I started to get nervous. What if this hand cannon roared and jumped out of my hand or worse yet it the recoil caused me to knock myself silly. I knew everyone was watching to see what would happen.

I braced myself as best as I could and touched it off......afterwards all i could say was 'hey not too bad! Like a hot 44 mag'.

I shot 4 or 5 shots with it.

Thank the Lord for good muzzle breaks!

Wm
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

I used to own a TC Contender pistol in 45/70. It was without a doubt the hardest kicking handgun I ever shot, but it wasn't really that bad, as long as you were careful with it. Actually it could be shot pretty good, but I got my hat knocked off one time shooting off the bench when I relaxed my grip just a little to cut down on scope tremmor, and it recoiled back and the scope hit the bill of my hat.

After I sold it to a friend who still has it, he let another one of my friends shoot it, after he had had a beer too many, and it recoiled back and broke his nose. He looked kinda rough for a day or two and still gets teased about it. It seems he had been shooting reduceds loads in it and then someone slipped a full house load in on him.

I think I was the most worried about firing my first shot out of my 450 Alaskan Model 71 with full house loads. With all of the talk I had read about the viscous recoil of that round in the light model 71, and it being just short of 458 mag powerlevers, I expected to be be hit a lot harder then I was. But my gun has a decelerator recoil pad on it, and frankly wasn't that bad. But then again, recoil has never bothered me that much, I know how to shoot a gun without getting hurt.
Rod WMG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rod WMG »

Well, I've confessed before that most anything larger than the .22's hurt me. So, I'm a bona fide sissy.

Once when I was in my early teens we were dove hunting at a windmill. Some older kids showed up, one with a 12 ga. double. A buzzard flew over, straight above our heads. The guy with the double aimed straight up and pulled both triggers. The stock (with no recoil pad) was sitting right on his bone, not in the "pocket" of his shoulder. It about killed that skinny kid. I'm glad I learned that lesson the easy way.
A man's heart devises [or schemes] his way, but the LORD directs his steps. Proverbs 16:9
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Did he get the buzzard?
Are buzzards protected?
Texican
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Texican »

Texican wrote: When at the hospital getting the stitches, hearing occasional snickers from the MD, I asked the doc, "Will I be able to play the violin after this?"

He replied, "Sure."

I said, "Great! Because I never was able to before." :D

He answered that one with, "Be quiet or I'll put in another 7 stitches." :oops:
After the remeniscence, I dug it out of the vault. It's handle is, of course, The Violin. I still play it pretty well, just one note at a time.

Texican

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

When I was young, maybe about 10, I shot my Dad's double barrel 12 gauge and stuck a finger on each trigger. I was a skinny kid and if one of my older brothers hadn't of caught me, I would have been flat on the ground. I held onto the gun, but I never shot it again.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
J35
Levergunner 3.0

Post by J35 »

I traded a rooster once for a Mossberg Cruiser, thought it would be fun for rolling cans and buckets, boy was I wrong that pistol grip concentrates every bit of recoil into the web of your hand, I got two rounds off before I said uncle, went directly to the gun shop and traded it for a older Rem. 1100.

It was young fellow who worked the trade with me, he went down stairs to test fire the gun, I told him to use light loads he just grinned at me, he came back up with even a bigger grin on face, but I noticed as he put the gun on the rack he was flexing his right hand.

good shooting
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

The extended family out on the farm like to have big power in just about everything. ++p loads in the .44 and 454 casull (one hand) plinking with .458 winchester and now they have a blackpowder cannon. one weekend the were shooting a 10ga double with one hand and one broke His wrist. I tried but could not help from RONFLMAO. :shock: :lol: .Jim.
Texican
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Texican »

J35nut wrote:I traded a rooster once for a Mossberg Cruiser, thought it would be fun for rolling cans and buckets, boy was I wrong that pistol grip concentrates every bit of recoil into the web of your hand
My unsolicitied comments:
Grip design and how you hold it make a big difference. The Pachmayr Vindicator grip set on my Ithaca 37 helps a lot. The Speedfeed grips are good too. Most important is to hold the gun with both hands, arms tucked into the chest. It should be just low of the normal shouldering point and held forward to allow for recoil travel [imagine the stock under your armpit]. The wrist of the firing hand should be straight. DO NOT hold it at belt level with the wrist bent. Recoil will force the angle of the wrist, reducing your ability to control the gun in followthrough (and hurt). I have also found that slight forward tension from the supporting hand helps too. Lastly, if Federal Reduced Recoil Buckshot is good enough for the cops it's good enough for me.

Ways not to do it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioAjVvd4SjM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvgBBedd7Nk

It goes without saying: Fun and handy as pistol gripped shotguns are, a fixed stock is the only way to go for 'problem solving'.
Texican

awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Texican wrote:It goes without saying: Fun and handy as pistol gripped shotguns are, a fixed stock is the only way to go for 'problem solving'.
Surely not! I mean look at the movies!

You aren't saying Reallywierd LIED to me are you? :wink:
-Mark Twain

Jones for that
Just ain't where it's at
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

.45colt wrote:The extended family out on the farm like to have big power in just about everything. ++p loads in the .44 and 454 casull (one hand) plinking with .458 winchester and now they have a blackpowder cannon. one weekend the were shooting a 10ga double with one hand and one broke His wrist. I tried but could not help from RONFLMAO. :shock: :lol: .Jim.
I used to hunt ducks with a 10ga side by side. It had a big ol push to it, but I never tried shooting one handed. I do still get kidded once in a while, when the story comes up, where I got piledriven backwards onto my back in the mud one time, by the big 10ga. A buddy and I were squated down on the riverbank, in the mud, and both of us shot at an incomming duck that flew over our heads. I was shooting while squated down, and I kept leading the duck, till my gun was nearly straight up on the second shot and the recoil knocked me over backwards, onto my back in the mud. It was kind funny, but I did get the duck.
Bramble
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bramble »

Whilst building my 450#2 NE double rifle, I was regulating the barrels and after 30+ shots my hand was getting tired and I dident hang on tight. Trigger finger slipped and I got a double or very close to simultanious discharge of both barrels. Don't want to do that ever again :cry:
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

A 12 Ga muzzle loader pistol with a 12" barrel will certainly get your attention when you load it with 110 grs of ffg and 1-3/8 oz of shot.

The 12" barreled 45-70 Contender runs a close second.

A .357 S&W Chiefs' Special will actually mess up your wrist if you shoot full-house 180 gr loads.

I'm going to try to remember not to do any of these things again. :wink:

Jack
Rick Engman
Levergunner

Post by Rick Engman »

I once had to Zero a Ferlach 500 N.E. Double rifle for a Customer after he bought a new scope. Both barrels went off at the same time. It knocked me out of my chair and broke my Collar Bone. Ouch!!! :shock: Now, If any one even comes through the door with an old Big Game Rifle I run like hell.
SASS
WARTHOG
BOSS
Texican
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Texican »

awp101 wrote:
Texican wrote:It goes without saying: Fun and handy as pistol gripped shotguns are, a fixed stock is the only way to go for 'problem solving'.
Surely not! I mean look at the movies!

You aren't saying Reallywierd LIED to me are you? :wink:
Maybe I should have went without saying it?

Actually, Clyde Barrow had it proper: keep the stock and cut the barrel if you want it 'handy'.

[Legal Disclaimer: The poster in no way advocates, suggests, endorses or in any other way condones the shortening of a shotgun barrel to less than the legal 18" minimum unless authorized to do so by the BATF after following the required process of background checks, signature of CLEO, payment of taxes, acquisition of 'stamp', waiting around, etc. blah, blah, blah, blah.....]
Texican

awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

I've often thought it would be nice to re-create one of Clyde's "Whippits" if I had spare cash to toss around. :D
-Mark Twain

Jones for that
Just ain't where it's at
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Boom.

Gotta Love Canukian inginuity... :wink:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

I've shot my lil bro's 300 Ultra Mag and 3.5" 835 Ouch!!! Won't do that again! I do have a Ruger SRH in 454 Casull and a model 70 in 416 Mag. a Vulcan Arms in 50 BMG and an Encore with 26" "First Production" 500 S&W and a 405 Winchester barrel. Those two will get your attention. I've also got an SSK 50 Alaskan barrel that's 20" including the muzzle brake. Yeah it's got a jolt and some pretty wicked muzzle blast.
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.
Texican
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Texican »

Old Ironsights wrote:Boom.

Gotta Love Canukian inginuity... :wink:
I really like that mag cap! Would you be offended if I ask where I might obtain one?
Texican

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Texican wrote:I really like that mag cap! Would you be offended if I ask where I might obtain one?
Made by the same Canadian company that made the hogleg. Not sure what the name is though.

It's not like we poor saps can own one of those toys here under the "benevolent" eye of the BATFE without a thourough Rectal Exam anyway... :?
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!