.22H Martini Cadet barrel source?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

.22H Martini Cadet barrel source?

Post by awp101 »

Before I post a WTB, I figured I'd ask if anyone knew of a source for Martini Cadet barrels in .22 Hornet? I thought ER Shaw used to offer the .22H but they no longer list one.

I'd prefer a new barrel or at least one that started life as a Hornet as opposed to a converted LR barrel.

And again, this isn't a WTB at the moment, just getting my ducks in a row for when the little extra pocket money I have coming in gets here. :mrgreen:

Thanks!
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Nicknack
Levergunner 1.0

Re: .22H Martini Cadet barrel source?

Post by Nicknack »

Here is my Martini 218 BEE with a Green Mountain octagon barrel, groove size is supposed to be .223 but is a little tighter.I know you don't want a .22 barrel but I thought I would share my project with you.I have converted the firing pin to a smaller diameter and test fired it with 218 BEE factory loads and there is absolutely no pressure signs and the case just pops out easily during extraction.It has a 1 in 16 twist which was the standard in the Model 65 Winchester 218 BEE,the small pills seam to squeeze down OK.
Regards
BEE.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's dead easy to die; it's the keeping on living that's hard - Douglas Mawson - Scientist and polar survivor
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Nice! I have a Bee project sitting here as well... :mrgreen:

John Taylor was mentioned over on the ASSRA forum so I gave him a call this morning (and interrupted his breakfast.... :oops: ). He can use a .22 Mag blank or sleeve the spare .310 barrel I have as well as welding and recutting the extractor. If the spare .310 barrel can be salvaged externally (pics later), I think I'll go that route. :mrgreen:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Mine has a Green Mountain barrel on it as well. My gunsmith had a reamer for .25WCF and just ordered a blank.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"