Caribou hunting?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Caribou hunting?

Post by rjohns94 »

Anyone have input on caribou outfitters in Canada that you have firsthand experience with?
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Caribou hunting?

Post by BigSky56 »

Mike you looking for woodland or barren caribou hunt. danny
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I'm open for suggestions. this will be a levergun hunt. Quebec has the largest migrating herd . I would eventually like to take both so no favorite first.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Been w Safari Nordik and Jack Hume Adventures. Let me know if you need a companion!
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
cowboykell
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cowboykell »

http://www.safarinordik.com 14 of us shot 28 bulls, nearly half were double shovels. Hunted on Labor Day weekend, because we wanted antlers in velvet. Migration was just getting started. These guys have 12 camps that report on the migration and will fly you in to where the caribou are. That was the reason we booked with this outfitter. Shot mine with 1895 Win 30-40, little brother used 1886 Win 33WCF.
Last edited by cowboykell on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Behind every sucessful rancher is a wife with a job in town.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I don't know what they are like now but Mirage outfitters sorta kinda near Radison Quebec treted us right. DO NOT USE NORTHERN CARIBOU ADVENTURES!!!!! It is the only hunt I have ever been on where we did not leave a tip and will NEVER GO BACK, EVER ...is that too ambiguous?
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

I'll check with a outfitter I know he works BC and here Ive hunted with him but not as a client. danny