To the People of Texas

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

To the People of Texas

Post by octagon »

And All Americans...

... "Victory or Death"
mack
Levergunner 2.0

Re: To the People of Texas

Post by mack »

Happy Alamo Day!
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

"Forever Free....."

Thanks to the brave men of Alamo San Antonio Bexar.....

rick
:arrow:
Thank you to all who serve and have served our Glorious Nation.....
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

octagon wrote:And All Americans...

... "Victory or Death"
How quickly we forget that we are still at war. Our freedoms must still be fought for, or we will lose them.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Dusty Texian
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dusty Texian »

March 6th 1836 ,189 freedom fighters laid down their live's defending our freedom,at the Alamo. So please take a moment and thank these men in silence .Remember the Alamo,Remember Goliad,Remember San Jacinto. God Bless them and God Bless Texas our home . Dust Texian.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Bless them all....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Travis' famous letter has spent the last 13 days at the Alamo, for the first time since it left 177 years ago. When you walk into the Shrine, you can't help but feel an immense sense of pride in those fighting men. For myself, a native Texan, the message of these Men is clear, and is not just for Texans but all Americans "I Will Never Surrender Or Retreat"
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

A day late but...

It was March 6, 1836.

On that fateful day, Davy Crockett woke up and rose from his bunk on the main floor of the Alamo . He then walked up to the observation post along the west wall of this fort.

William B. Travis and Jim Bowie were already there, looking out over the top of the wall. These three great men gazed at the hordes of Mexicans moving steadily toward them.

With a puzzled look on his face, Crockett turned to Bowie and said,

"Jim, are we having some landscaping done today?"

:twisted: :lol:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

To the People of Texas and All Americans in the World:

Fellow citizens and compatriots;

I am besieged, by a thousand or more of the Mexicans under Santa Anna. I have sustained a continual Bombardment and cannonade for 24 hours and have not lost a man. The enemy has demanded a surrender at discretion, otherwise, the garrison are to be put to the sword, if the fort is taken. I have answered the demand with a cannon shot, and our flag still waves proudly from the walls. I shall never surrender or retreat. Then, I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid, with all dispatch. The enemy is receiving reinforcements daily and will no doubt increase to three or four thousand in four or five days. If this call is neglected, I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible and die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country. Victory or Death.

William Barret Travis
Lt. Col. Comdt.

P.S. The Lord is on our side. When the enemy appeared in sight we had not three bushels of corn. We have since found in deserted houses 80 or 90 bushels and got into the walls 20 or 30 head of Beeves.
Travis

----------------------------

"We must die. Our business is not to make a fruitless effort to save our lives, but to choose the manner of our death."

He saw three possibilities: Surrender and summary execution, trying to fight their way out only to be "butchered" by Mexican lancers or "remain in this fort…resist every assault, and to sell our lives as dearly as possible."

Then, with a flourish, Travis drew his sword and slowly marked a line in the dirt. "I now want every man who is determined to stay here and die with me to come across this line..."

XXXX
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.