I still can't believe I looked !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

I still can't believe I looked !

Post by 6pt-sika »

Today while sitting on the couch waiting for the race to start I've been surfing the web (imagine that LOL's) .

I had done a search for Hunting Sika Deer in Japan , and on the second or third page I ran across a link for Sika deer hunting in FRANCE !!!!!!!

Well it's no great seceret that as a general rule I loathe France , the French Government and the majority of the people I've met from that country .

But my intrest in Sika outweighs all the dislike and I looked at the webpage !

And to be honest this place sounded kinda intresting for Sika and Roe !

http://www.francesafaris.com/index.php
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: I still can't believe I looked !

Post by AJMD429 »

But - how would you explain to your friends that you went on a 'safari' - in France. . . :shock:

Unless they thought you were hunting wine or women.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

AJMD429 wrote:But - how would you explain to your friends that you went on a 'safari' - in France. . . :shock:

Unless they thought you were hunting wine or women.
If they wanted to be a SMART A.. I would tell them to F..k OFF !

As to the women thing I wouldn't want to go if my wife didn't come along . And as to wine I've never been a follower of French wine !

Now some Porteguese/Spanish Port or Sherry is another story !
Last edited by 6pt-sika on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Incidently my mothers sister that lives in Houston thinks the three greatest places in the world are NYC , LA and Paris !

I tell her regularly that she's an IDIOT :lol:
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

YEAH my Mother thinks France is the greatest place she ever visited. I told her I would go but I am afraid I'd run into french people!
Mom'll talk to me again the next time her car is broken :lol:
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

fordwannabe wrote:YEAH my Mother thinks France is the greatest place she ever visited. I told her I would go but I am afraid I'd run into french people!
Mom'll talk to me again the next time her car is broken :lol:

similar things could be said about a lot of places for sure ---- Saudi Arabia would be neat to visit if it weren't for all the Saudi's -- etc etc.
PAris is still on the bucket list for me , or possibly a 2nd honeymoon type thing --- i'll try to ignore the French while i'm there though! :lol:
----- Doug
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

I bet you'd have a blast and probably find that the people are nice as long as you don't play the fool.
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
KiwiKev
Levergunner 2.0

Post by KiwiKev »

A friend of mine got a Sports scholarship at a University in Texas. He was travelling around and stopped in a small town for a break. Outside the general store sat a gentleman chewing tobacco. As a friendly Kiwi my friend struck up a conversion. The gentleman, confused by the strange accent, inquired, " Where are you from boy?" New Zealand my friend replied. "Hell !" Said the man, spitting out some tobacco, " I have never been to that part of Texas!"
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Many places are on my Bucket List, but I think that I'll pass on France. Just not interested. Sika deer in Japan sounds fun. I have met several Japanese visitors here in the U.S. and have always found them friendly and polite. Not much chance of it, but the Kiwi I would like most to meet is Gina Bellman. Great actress and funny as can be. That aside, I have looked at some of the hunting and fishing in New Zealand, and it sounds as if it would be great. Definitely a bucket list item for me.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

olyinaz wrote:I bet you'd have a blast and probably find that the people are nice as long as you don't play the fool.
When I went thru the DuBai airport in early February of this year and saw the first of the fellows in the traditional Arabic dress I had to remind myself I WAS NOT IN AMERICA !
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Can't speak aabout France from experience but, from generally positive family reports, there are parts I "theoretically" would like to visit outside of Paris.
+1 for Japan. Having lived there as a kid, very warm and friendly people for the most part (remaining curmudgeons from WWII are mostly gone; there were only a very few grumpy "old soldiers" left back in the early 60's and unfriendliness was very rare even then),...and a combination of stunning countryside/varied terrain--very mountainous country--with full four seasons climate. A hunt there sounds interesting.