m92 sights suggestions

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
silverback57
Levergunner 1.0

m92 sights suggestions

Post by silverback57 »

I am looking for a new set of sights for my 20 inch m92. I would like to get a setup like I had on my Mauser and that was a mojo sight set. front peep with rear peep. great combination. I was thinking skinner or marble tang peep and a Lyman globe front. I would like to be able to change settings quickly from 100 to 200. any suggestions or experiences anyone would like to share
?
"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave arriving in an attractive well preserved body, better to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, screaming WAA HOO - What a Ride!"
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Re: m92 sights suggestions

Post by M. M. Wright »

I like Marble tang sights and I leave the open sight on the barrel. Regulate the open sight for shorter range and flip up the tang for longer range.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: m92 sights suggestions

Post by AJMD429 »

Here's a thread I put together a couple years ago showing LOTS of options I've tried and liked and comments and photos...

(may have to scroll down or up a bit to see my post) - > Levergun Sight Options

I like the idea of a tang to flip-up for longer ranges, too. Probably because in the Western movies, someone always gets out their Sharps or whatever, dramatically flips some kind of vernier-sight, then sits on their bucking and nervous horse, and shoots the bad-guy's gun hand 800 yards away (usually just hitting his index finger, even :D ).

Overall I prefer the Williams FP rear 'ghost-ringed' by leaving the aperture out (after sighting in with it in), and the factory gold-bead of a Marlin or a Firesight put in to a Rossi. If you get the "target knob" for elevation, you can use the same sight for a WIDE range, and have repeatable adjustments. As I understand it, the Lyman equivalent sight has an adjustment that allows you to do this even more quickly because the 'base' adjustment is set to bottom-out so you go back to it without counting clicks.

The 'Night Scout' setup I have also has worked well, day or night, dawn or dusk, although not 'traditional' -
I made > three versions of the Night Scout, actually...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "