Oklahoma Tornados

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Oklahoma Tornados

Post by RKrodle »

Prayers up for all involved. Please check in here if you can and let us know your ok and what we can do to help. Prayers said.
Ricky

DWWC
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Oklahoma Tornados

Post by Borregos »

Prayers up for sure.
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Borregos wrote:Prayers up for sure.
+ 1..
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

close call gentlemen --- I actually reside in the Moore/Norman area --- traffic is too backed up to get out and about , --- I may not be much help in the field , but I look forward to making some donations hopefully where they can do some good

With my job, I am used to travelling to other places to help deal with their problems when they happen, but I guess I will be staying home for a while
----- Doug
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I'll head to the Salvation Army website and kick in something.....Prayers up.... :(

( as an aside, The Salvation Army used almost 100% of the money they receive for helping....other outfits use most of the money to pay themselves first :( )
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Fingers crossed for everyone involved!

Doug,
Good to see you're ok! I have some business friends in OKC area, Waiting to hear that everyone is all right!

jason
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

I just found out that my daughter's friend and her husband and family lost everything in the tornado. Thankfully, they were all gone at the time.
NRA Life Member, Patron
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

If anyone knows a family that needs refuge I am offering 1 adult private BR, 1 kids room and private bathroom + 3 meals a day for as long as that family needs to get their situation settled. All they have to do is let me know, and then get here to Rockwall, TX. Put the word out to anyone you know affected by the Moore area tornado.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

stunning hardship and pain for those folks. prayers UP for angels of mercy to tend to their needs.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

86er wrote:If anyone knows a family that needs refuge I am offering 1 adult private BR, 1 kids room and private bathroom + 3 meals a day for as long as that family needs to get their situation settled. All they have to do is let me know, and then get here to Rockwall, TX. Put the word out to anyone you know affected by the Moore area tornado.
THAT is the attitude that made this nation great, and has sustained mankind through all sorts of things for centuries. Thank you for being one of those who gives to those in need. I hope that someone in need benefits from your kindness, and you will be all the better for having extended it.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Grizz wrote:stunning hardship and pain for those folks. prayers UP for angels of mercy to tend to their needs.
+1
NRA Life Member
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Very sad. My prayers go out to all .
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Bad coupla days... I sat for a few hours at the OK/KS line yesterday waiting for tornadoes and storm cells to pass across my path... Prayers up for those in need and for those in the path of such.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

2ndovc wrote:Fingers crossed for everyone involved!

Doug,
Good to see you're ok! I have some business friends in OKC area, Waiting to hear that everyone is all right!

jason

Thanks man ---- I hope they are ok --- Sadly , its pretty bad, -- been a bad week, from the storm that hit west Ft Worth to the several storms that hit OK ---- reminds me a bit of the Birmingham storm and Joplin storms from just a bit ago
---- sometimes I wonder why I still continue to live here --- I love Denver and at times would like to find a job outside the insurance claims industry for a while ---this stuff tires me out

86'er -- bless you ! I would love to have the room to host a family for a bit if they needed it
----- Doug
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

AJMD429 wrote:
86er wrote:If anyone knows a family that needs refuge I am offering 1 adult private BR, 1 kids room and private bathroom + 3 meals a day for as long as that family needs to get their situation settled. All they have to do is let me know, and then get here to Rockwall, TX. Put the word out to anyone you know affected by the Moore area tornado.
THAT is the attitude that made this nation great, and has sustained mankind through all sorts of things for centuries. Thank you for being one of those who gives to those in need. I hope that someone in need benefits from your kindness, and you will be all the better for having extended it.
+1 :wink:

Prayers up for all those affected!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Everyone I know in the OKC area is safe and sound. Prayers up for all those affected.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

TedH wrote:
Grizz wrote:stunning hardship and pain for those folks. prayers UP for angels of mercy to tend to their needs.
+1
Dude...is your place ok? :?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Prayers Up for All.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

All's well with me and mine. We are praying for those who were effected by it. Last count I heard was 51 and more expected. Really sad about the school children.

Did you see the picture of the path where all the greenery was gone and only red dirt left? Amazing. Not sure an above ground safe room would have saved anyone in that area though they are said to withstand an EF5. We already know this one was at least an EF4 from looking at the damage but may have been EF5 part of the time.

Lots of storms through the night with more expected today, Tuesday.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

BlaineG wrote:I'll head to the Salvation Army website and kick in something.....Prayers up.... :(

( as an aside, The Salvation Army used almost 100% of the money they receive for helping....other outfits use most of the money to pay themselves first :( )

+1
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

thanks for this thread and the reports
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Watch the video clip. My heart just breaks for this man.

http://www.aljazeera.com/
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

5 schools & 1 (new) hospital were badly hit in Moore ........

Very saddening - my heart & prayers go out to/for those folks .........................

IMO, an underground shelter would have been the only way to avoid the devastation caused by flying steel I-beams, etc.
The folks that took shelter in a 7-Eleven store's walk-in freezer also perished.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Pete44ru wrote:The folks that took shelter in a 7-Eleven store's walk-in freezer also perished.
My wife was driving with our then 6 month old baby, and in the path of a tornado, so she pulled into a bank, ran in the door, and announced she WAS going into the vault (a woman with a baby fearing danger doesn't ask permission to do anything), and said by the way others might want to join me since the tornado you were hearing about on the radio is just down the road...! Several people joined her with the bank personnel nervously joining them, though I don't think they locked the door. The bank was spared but I'll bet a direct hit would not have hurt the vault, having seen the way those are built.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

I haven't been able to get in touch with cnjaris, no reply to my PM and can't get through on the cell phone. Does anyone else know how to contact him? maybe some of the OK guys? I know he lives in the OK city area but not sure exactly where.
Ricky

DWWC
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Ricky,
As of 6:00 PM Phoenix time today:
I have two houses in New Mexico that could be utilized.
Not the best, but better than in the open.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Mescalero wrote:Ricky,
As of 6:00 PM Phoenix time today:
I have two houses in New Mexico that could be utilized.
Not the best, but better than in the open.
Thats very kind and generous of you, maybe someone can benefit from it.
Ricky

DWWC
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

RKrodle wrote:I haven't been able to get in touch with cnjaris, no reply to my PM and can't get through on the cell phone. Does anyone else know how to contact him? maybe some of the OK guys? I know he lives in the OK city area but not sure exactly where.

Cell service is still super spotty if he is close to the affected area --- me personally, I have internet and home phone because it is underground, ---but still little cell reception
----- Doug
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Heard from cnjarvis today and all is well!!!
Ricky

DWWC
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Pete44ru wrote:.

5 schools & 1 (new) hospital were badly hit in Moore ........

Very saddening - my heart & prayers go out to/for those folks .........................

IMO, an underground shelter would have been the only way to avoid the devastation caused by flying steel I-beams, etc.
The folks that took shelter in a 7-Eleven store's walk-in freezer also perished.

Most cinder block walls like what a 7-11 are hollow except where the rebar verticals and horizontal bond beams are, so yea a flying piece of steel would go right through it. I've always wondered why these areas in tornado alley didn't have a series of bunkers in populated areas, and stricter building codes.

Feel awful for the people there. Sincerely hope the relief efforts happen quickly and people can get on with their lives.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30