RWS Bullets

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

RWS Bullets

Post by Marlin32 »

Anyone have experience with RWS Bullets?? Particularly the "H" mantel and Evo bullets.
How do they perform? Long range, short range (high/low velocity) in bone, etc.

Might have an opportunity to buy some RWS cartridges, want to know about them before I spend arm and leg on them.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Re: RWS Bullets

Post by Nath »

Their ammo was popular over here in the early nineties, I only tried the Hornet ammo back then.
I have never ever heard a bad report from their ammo and their brass was always highly regarded.

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Ravenman
Levergunner 2.0

Re: RWS Bullets

Post by Ravenman »

RWS H-Mantel work just like Nosler Ballistic Tip. But the Ballistic Tip are far better at long range. The Evolution bullet is a little stronger than the H-Mantel. I would say that the Evolution is some kind of Nosler Accu-Bond bullet. The H-Mantel is a very accurate bullet. If you need a bullet with deep penetration than the H-Mantel is wrong. If used on small game (Roe deer) often it works like a grenade. And on heavier game you miss the penetration. The Evolution brings more penetration than the H-Mantel.

http://rws-munition.de/en/hunting/produ ... idges.html