How totally cool is this....choose your skeet application

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

How totally cool is this....choose your skeet application

Post by jdad »

Too bad these will probably not get shot or even taken to the range.
http://www.gunauction.com/buy/12173189/ ... y-engraved
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
retmech
Levergunner 2.0

Re: How totally cool is this....choose your skeet applicatio

Post by retmech »

They have been shot and probably quite a bit. I see no reason they wouldn't be shot in the future, it wouldn't hurt their value.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Lots of guys shoot skeet guns more expensive and fancier than those. :D
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:Lots of guys shoot skeet guns more expensive and fancier than those. :D
Yeah, but you can be the guy that brings the big case, opens it up, decides which gauge you want to shoot, then brag about the sequential serial numbers, to the guy next to you with the Perazzi. :lol:
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

And the guy with the Perazzi will open up the case, change fore-ends and barrels and do the same thing.....with one gun.

Skeet shooters have way too much money at that point, but i've seen a guy with $40,000 in a Krieghoff multibarrel setup who didn't even flinch at the price. He also shot very well, competitively, for years.
retmech
Levergunner 2.0

Post by retmech »

Back around 2000 a friend and I went to Vandalia Ohio (at that time home of the National trap shooting championships) to try and find a Beretta 682 with nice wood. Beretta USA had a building there where they fixed competitors guns and it was also a showroom. They had a 4 gun set of O/U's very ornately engraved with Circasion walnut stocks and that set was just under a half million dollars! Beautiful guns with gorgeous wood and unbelievable engraving. There is a LOT of money in guns on trap and skeet fields!
Eye-Bite!
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Eye-Bite! »

About 5 years ago I participated in a charity skeet shoot for children, where there were many and I do mean many high dollar gold triggered, gold inlay-ed and engraved guns there. Anyway, a friend of my son participated with a Side by Side old beat up Parker and much to my surprise, his gun garnered most of the attention from the passer by's while it was in the rack.