Kids like this are getting hard to find today

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/da ... 05933.html
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Kids like this are getting hard to find today

Post by gamekeeper »

That is such a cool story 8) I know for sure who feels the best about themselves between that great kid and the woman who stole the cash. :wink:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
tom deinek
Levergunner

Post by tom deinek »

Griff wrote:Kids like this are getting hard to find today

Can't agree.

My kid was in high school not that long ago and most of the kids I met through her participation in athletics were like tis young man.

Maybe you mean that it's hard to find a kid who wears his hat witht the visor in front. :>)
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

tom deinek wrote: My kid was in high school not that long ago and most of the kids I met through her participation in athletics were like this young man.
Yup, those who are doing something with their lives... but let see; how many gang-bangers in my town are football stars? Hmmm... still trying to think of one.... hmmmm...
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

tom deinek wrote:
Griff wrote:Kids like this are getting hard to find today
Can't agree.
My kid was in high school not that long ago and most of the kids I met through her participation in athletics were like tis young man.
Maybe you mean that it's hard to find a kid who wears his hat witht the visor in front. :>)
I know it's wrong to generalize, but... kids are generally a reflection of their parents. After 26 years in LE, those involved in extra-curriclar activites were NOT the ones I met. Oh sure, we had our HS football jocks in front of us from time-to-time, but calls to Mom or Dad usually solved that. But after school sanctioned sports, etc. usuallly involve less than ½ of an urban HS student body. Another group that hold after-school jobs account for maybe 20-25%, with some of the previous group adding to this. These are the "invisibles". Capable and quite possibly repeating this particular kid's honesty many times over each day. Possibly visible to the community at large only thru a small blurb on HS activities in Saturday's edition of the local paper.

It's the rest of them that seem to be brought to our attention, far out of proportion to their actual numbers. That's what I meant.

PS: I often wore a ballcap backwards when I was a kid... mostly to keep my neck from gettin' burnt! :P :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
mark08
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mark08 »

This past Sunday i attended a boy scout court of honor. My grandson did receive his Eagle rank. The real story i saw was how many boys there who were the kind of child everyone would love to call theirs. But the local paper charges for pic's and art. about Scouting achievements and such.??????? Rob a convenience store and get on the front page!!!!!!!!! FREE

OKAAAAAAAY it is 2013
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Griff wrote: I know it's wrong to generalize, but... kids are generally a reflection of their parents. After 26 years in LE, those involved in extra-curriclar activites were NOT the ones I met. :lol:

Seems like a nice young man in the article -- glad to have kids like that around

I don't have kids myself, but am still an alumni member of the Oklahoma State Flying Aggies (a collegiate aviation club)
HAdnt been back to the campus for years until they invited me to an alumni appreciation banquet - we did a fly in and got to meet the current members ----to include going on short getting aquainted flights around the countryside
when I left, I said to my wife,
"I'm glad there are still young men and women like that still around, because their generation will be running this country in another 20-25 years"

Before I went to that meeting , I didn't really hold out much hope for the current generation of young people--
----- Doug
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Sadly, I think these young people of character are increasingly in the minority.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

mark1108 wrote:This past Sunday i attended a boy scout court of honor. My grandson did receive his Eagle rank.
Congrats to your grandson! ImageImage
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
tom deinek
Levergunner

Post by tom deinek »

"I often wore a ballcap backwards when I was a kid"

Good thing you did not ever date my daughter.
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

mark1108 wrote:This past Sunday i attended a boy scout court of honor. My grandson did receive his Eagle rank.
good job. congratulate the young man, and the parents, and yourself for that matter.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Griff wrote:
Congrats to your grandson! ImageImage
+1 :D
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

game keeper wrote: I know for sure who feels the best about themselves between that great kid and the woman who stole the cash. :wink:
Probably the woman. Bet she voted for BHO... :roll:
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
game keeper wrote: I know for sure who feels the best about themselves between that great kid and the woman who stole the cash. :wink:
Probably the woman. Bet she voted for BHO... :roll:
It never ceases to amaze me how almost any topic on this forum will, sooner or later, be used for political comment.

This is not the site political forum; this comment is not about leverguns. Why is it made here?
mark08
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mark08 »

I have passed along all your congratulations to my grandson the "EAGLE SCOUT"

He said "thank everyone"

He isn't a shooter (yet) but is moving that way since he now has his great-great grandfather's guns, his great grandfather's guns. I ain't ready to give mine up at this point.

Bye to way, his favorite rifle is a 22 single shot "OTASCO Commemorative" his great grandfather's tractor gun. 1873-1973 I believe. He used it for all his scout work. It is beat all to hell but shoots straight, a tested to by many "burrs".

I think he is in the majority of today's youth..