Buy stock in Duct-Tape and Styrofoam while you can...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Buy stock in Duct-Tape and Styrofoam while you can...

Post by AJMD429 »

'Cuz Sixgunner's packaging was TOUGH. I think the package could have got run over by a M1 Abrams, dropped out of an airplane into a rock quarry, and done quite well... :D

Thanks, Sixgunner...!

Didn't have any 32-20 ammo but some factory rounds (Remington 100gr Lead), but they fed and shot great. Gun is in perfect condition.

Now I have to put my 1,000 rounds of empty brass (500 new and 500 or so many-times-fired) and some boolits together with some primers and powder.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Buy stock in Duct-Tape and Styrofoam while you can...

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Nice, did you take any pics or make a video of the packaging and what it took to unwrap it?
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:x So....YOU'RE the one :P
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Doc! :D

I was never one to take chances. Here's a rifle that was made in 1923 and the last thing I/you need is for some drug infested-Clinton era educated-lazy-no conscience modern punk heaving the gun 20 feet and destroying in one second what others have done protecting that Remington for the last 90 years.

Glad you got it. There were 5 in line behind you.

On another note, you gotta see the Marlin 39-A that came my way today and what's coming early next week. I made a nice pile of cash today at a show liquidating a nice 1892 SRC I've had for some time.

You know what they say.....in one hand and out the other! :D ------Sixgun.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

3leggedturtle wrote:Nice, did you take any pics or make a video of the packaging and what it took to unwrap it?
I honestly would have, but I'd left my cellphone/camera in the car, and had to hang around while my FFL made sure he didn't get thrown in jail for failing to notify the 'authorities' so they could enter the fact that I was acquiring such an authority-threatening piece of artillery into their database... :roll:

Went out just before dark and shot the 100 yard gong with it, and it hit 5 out of 5 times, so I can honestly say it shoots a group equal-to-or-better-than 16" at 100 yards... :D

Sixgun (or any other expert on the Remington 25) - how many is it supposed to hold in the magazine...? I stopped shoving them in after ten went in effortlessly.

Also, I notice there is a round flat 'rivet-head' looking thing on the right side of the receiver of mine but not on other photos of the Model 25 that I see; is that only there on 'takedown' versions, or what...?
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

msmith1228
Levergunner 2.0

Post by msmith1228 »

Nice looking rifle, I'm thinking 12-14.
Not an expert.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

AJMD429 wrote: Also, I notice there is a round flat 'rivet-head' looking thing on the right side of the receiver of mine but not on other photos of the Model 25 that I see; is that only there on 'takedown' versions, or what...?
I think they are all TD. Mine ( Jan. 1923) has that same rivet. Not sure of its purpose. I've had my receiver completely taken apart.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Just don't know what that other "rivet" thing is. Heres a pic of a later Model 25 in 25-20 and it don't have it. I got books but its been a long day. Tomorrow.---6

ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

glad you got it!!!! it looks like a beauty
I to had the privilege of trying to open a package with a great 25-35 sent from sixgun
mine was pure surprise cuz my very loving wife bought it for me :shock:

ollogger
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Congrats AJ - that looks like a great gun.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

msmith1228
Levergunner 2.0

Post by msmith1228 »

My 25-20 was made in 1924 and has the rivet looking thing. My 32-20 was made in 1928 and has it too. Beats me.
I have a copy of the manual that Remington sent me years ago. If any of you want a copy I will send you one.
roundup
Levergunner 1.0

Post by roundup »

I may be wrong. but i recall seeing an old Remington pump which had a cartridge base with the rifles caliber on the receiver.
Happy Trails!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

roundup wrote:I may be wrong. but i recall seeing an old Remington pump which had a cartridge base with the rifles caliber on the receiver.

Yep, but these were the bigger framed models 14, 14 and 1/2, and 141 chambered in deer sized cartridges similar to the 30-30. Those guns were near twice the size of the 25.----------6

44magHunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 44magHunter »

I do hope that AJMD429 realizes that he is legally required to have the gun inspected/tested by yours truly upon my arrival home for some early season bowhunting... :D
Levergun: Marlin, Ruger, Hornaday, Henry, Williams, Leupold
Black Gun: AeroPrecision, Magpul, Streamlight, Remington, McMillan, Sierra, Badger Ordinance, Harris, Jewel Triggers, Leupold
Archery: Hoyt, GoldTip, Axcel/TruBall, FeatherVision, Specialty, AAE, VaneTec, Doinker, ZeroTolerance, TopHat, Leupold
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

44magHunter wrote:I do hope that AJMD429 realizes that he is legally required to have the gun inspected/tested by yours truly upon my arrival home for some early season bowhunting... :D

Young man, You and your daddy are going to be fighting over this one. I'm serious and I'm a guy who has owned and shot them all. The Remington Model 25 is the best woods loafing and fun gun ever invented. The bigger version of the 25 is the 14 1/2, chambered in the 38-40 and the 44/40, but its a heavy slug of a thing, near twice as heavy. The 32-20 / 25-20 cartridges make excellent squirrel, fox, coyote.......any small game a joy to carry in the woods.

Two years ago, my bud, who owns Targetmaster, introduced me to a Remington rep. The first thing, after shaking his hand, was to ask him, "you guys need to bring back the Model 25 in 32-20' 25-20, and the 357 round. " Now, keep in mind, this was an older rep and he knew exactly the rifle I was talking about.......he hesitated a minute, and told me they would have to charge in the vicinity of $2500 to $3000 in order to have the same quality as the originals.

Your going to have fun :D ------Sixgun

2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Doc, Glad you guys got it! Both of those .32WCFs were keeping me up at night. And darn you Jack for not putting those up 6 months ago when I had some play money!!! :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

2ndovc wrote:Doc, Glad you guys got it! Both of those .32WCFs were keeping me up at night. And darn you Jack for not putting those up 6 months ago when I had some play money!!! :D

jb 8)

OK Jason, what are you looking for? Watch for a post as I think I'm gonna move about 20 guns I've had and have not shot in the last 20 years. Gonna be a couple of 95's in 30-40 and a 35, some old large frame 'smiths, like a 25......----6

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

BlaineG wrote::x So....YOU'RE the one :P
He's the one!

Congratulations Doc!!! :mrgreen:

Just to repeat...

I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus. I'm a doofus.

I can't believe I didn't jump on this one!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Kid,
Relax. Send me your address and I'll get this 32-20 out to you pronto. It will probably outshoot that Remington 25, plus it was made 37 years before 1923.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ooohhhhh - an exposed hammer - I'm jealous... 8)

I'm hoping he goes for it; it puts the pressure on BOTH of us to actually get some real range-time and report back here. Both of us likely are too busy out there bustin' tail to survive so we can pay for all the welfare-loafers, to actually enjoy some of the 'rewards' of our hard work.

So... if YK gets this, I promise to (do my best to*) reload some decent ammo and provide a Range Report... :D

*Unfortunately, I am in the midst of a practice relocation, and my nurse practitioner decided to bail out on me, which sure would have worked better at a different time, but. . . life goes on. . . !

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

PM (eagerly) sent!

Doc - thanks for letting me know about this!!! :D :D :D