45 Colt Browning Low Wall

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AlanF
Levergunner

45 Colt Browning Low Wall

Post by AlanF »

Have any of you owners of a Browning Low Wall in 45 Colt slugged your bore? If so what dimensions did you get for groove and bore? Thank you.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: 45 Colt Browning Low Wall

Post by Griff »

I have not slugged mine, but... a bullet sized to .452 will not fit into the muzzle. And, it's mighty accurate with bullets thusly sized. At least out to 50 yards. Oh yeah, 225gr TC plain based lead, lubed with SPG and fired over a case of Goex "Cartridge".
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Tommy Reb
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Tommy Reb »

I have not slugged the bore on my low wall, but it shoots very, very well with cast bullets sized 0.454". No problems chambering either.

It also shoots jacketed bullets (.451 - .452) well. However, I get a significant improvement in accuracy with jacketed bullets by using neck sized brass. Seems to me the Browning's chamber is on the generous side. I do not notice this when using .454 cast bullets.
Unreconstructed
AlanF
Levergunner

Post by AlanF »

Thank you for the replies. I too have noticed that the chamber is rather large and I'm thinking a larger diameter will help center the cartridge in the chamber.