Big score at Bi-Mart

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Big score at Bi-Mart

Post by earlmck »

Grandkids and great-grandkids have been depleting my 22 shell supply over the past -- how long has this craziness gone on? I always bought my 22 shells on sale, and can't remember when the last "sale" was, but it has to be over 2 years ago. Grandson Jeremy, who has been buying his own shells for lots of years, but who has a daughter who has been a slight contributor to my supply depletion problem, told me that if I got into Bi-Mart (a small Pacific Northwest chain of wonderful stores) early Tuesday morning I could get 22 shells (restricted to one brick per customer).

Bi-Mart opens at 9 on Tuesday; at 9:05 I walked through the door. Score!
BeerBarOilBullets.jpg
Beer was on sale -- $14.99 for the 30 pack. Same $.50 per can I've been paying since I moved back to Oregon about 14 years ago.
Bar Oil was on sale -- $6.99 a gallon, $2 off regular price. This is up considerable from the $1.50 a gallon sale price when I first got back here.
And yep that's a brick of Federal 22's sitting atop the beer! Not exactly on sale but at $19.49 I took 'em. This was the next-to last brick he had on the shelf this morning.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Big score at Bi-Mart

Post by OldWin »

Good score!
I haven't been able to get bulk pack .22 here since I can remember. They use .22's for money around here. I got disgusted last night and back ordered a 5k rnd. case of CCI's from Midway.
And a 30pk for 14.99!!!!??? :shock: I'm moving to Oregon!
As you can imagine, bar and chain is more common than water here. :lol:
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

That's a decent price nowadays on .22LR. Walmart gets $24.99 but they seldom have any unless you're in line at 7am.

I haven't seen Hamm's beer in a loooong time. You're not going to mix those are you? :D
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Lassiter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Lassiter »

vancelw wrote:That's a decent price nowadays on .22LR. Walmart gets $24.99 but they seldom have any unless you're in line at 7am.

I haven't seen Hamm's beer in a loooong time. You're not going to mix those are you? :D

Hamm's beer...........from the land of sky blue waters. I haven't seen the Hamm's bear in a long long time.
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Post by geobru »

Yep, Bi-Mart is a great store. Its the only place I have seen 22lr on the shelves in 2+ years. They get powder in on a fairly regular basis, and they have had primers on the shelves all of the time since they opened last year in Aberdeen. This week, the only powder they had when I checked was 3 pounds of Leverevolution. Two weeks ago, they had a little bit of most everything they carry except Unique.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wish we had those stores around here.

When I first heard it I thought it was a store for those that went either way.... :shock: :lol:

What do you expect from a juvenile hick? :lol:
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

That's my kind of shopping. I am surprised to see Hamms on the west coast, I wonder who is bottling it out there. As far the bar oil , after 9 more inches of snow yesterday my wood cutting is done for the winter.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Now, that's a real man's shopping cart; ammo, beer, and bar oil! :mrgreen:
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Many years ago our favorite canoe float trip breakfast was Hamms and eggs. Now that was the good old days.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

BenT wrote: I am surprised to see Hamms on the west coast, I wonder who is bottling it out there. As far the bar oil , after 9 more inches of snow yesterday my wood cutting is done for the winter.
Hamms has always been one of the main beers here; I thought it was an Oregon beer (land of sky blue waters) but when I looked hard at the case and the cans all I can find is "Hamms Brewing Company, Mulwaukee, WI. USA. So you guys must have some blue water back east there?

And 9" of snow would also put me out of wood cutting business but we haven't had more than the occasional inch of snow and that is mostly melted except for a few patches on the north slopes.
vancelw wrote:I haven't seen Hamm's beer in a loooong time. You're not going to mix those are you? :D
We thin our bar oil with a bit of kerosene when the weather gets real cold: I don't think the Hamms would do the job. In fact today my dang Hamms was so slushy I had to let it rest by the pickup heater a while before I could finish it, and we haven't yet been cold enough this winter to need to thin the bar oil.
mikld wrote:Now, that's a real man's shopping cart; ammo, beer, and bar oil! :mrgreen:
Probably so, but I wouldn't bet against Ms. Boots coming out of the store with a similar cart...
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Hamms is a Minnesota beer. But I did a search and they also had a brewery in San Francisco. Miller brews it now .
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

BenT wrote:Hamms is a Minnesota beer. But I did a search and they also had a brewery in San Francisco. Miller brews it now .
Who brews what these days can be very interesting :!: :!:
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Gaucho Gringo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gaucho Gringo »

Hamms beer has been sold in Oregon from my earliest reconciliations of childhood(DOB 1951). The Hamms bear ranks up with Mickey mouse and Donald Duck on my childhood meter. BiMart is my main go to store for everything they sell. Rather go there than any other place because they are employee owned, unlike the other big soulless corporations. They get my money before anyone else.