(interesting) spent .22 case use.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

(interesting) spent .22 case use.

Post by cshold »

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Neat idea! :D
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

That's thinking outside the box..! That would really upset the Kool-Aid drinkers to know that gunowners and reloaders are going "Green".
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by chadbr »

Very cool.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Old technology coming alive again. Good to see it though.

One comment I have to disagree with is his comment that .22s were mecuric up until the 60s. I have seen Winchester and Remington ammo boxes from the 1930s showing non corrosive and non mecuric priming.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Peter M. Eick
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Peter M. Eick »

Isn't that how the Rockchucker press got started? If I remember the story right, they got started swageing 22 lr cases into bullets for rock chucks back prior to WW2.

This is a vague memory that I read that somewhere.
38-55 & 38/44 What a combination!
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

You're correct. Thats how Vernon Speer got started with the component bullets. Later his brother Dick was making primers which eventually became Cascade Cartridge Inc, better known today as CCI.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

That's really cool. I've seen so many spent 22LR casings at the range it always seemed such a waste. Well, now, here ya go. I'm going to have to look into it.
Old Law Dawg
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

deerwhacker444 wrote:That's thinking outside the box..! That would really upset the Kool-Aid drinkers to know that gunowners and reloaders are going "Green".
That's not really "green", cause it's still a lead core.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

kimwcook wrote:That's really cool. I've seen so many spent 22LR casings at the range it always seemed such a waste. Well, now, here ya go. I'm going to have to look into it.
Law dog, Pick those babies up. brass is bringin' close to $2 a pound. Its worth it if your near walking up to your ankles in the brass.

To others--I have shot .223 ammo made from spent .22 cases out of a Mini 14 and an AR-15 Match, they tumbled every fourth or fifth round. Maybe it was not done right. Bought 5 hundred of 'em and threw about 200 in the pond.----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Ron Macy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Ron Macy »

I checked this out now, as I did 40 years ago. It looks really neat but has always been beyond my financial limits. Dummy for never getting a degree.

A fellow I knew had a Corbin press forty years ago that operated horizontally. He made some great 1/2 jacket 45's with it.