GANDER MTN CLOSEOUT Eau Claire, WI

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

GANDER MTN CLOSEOUT Eau Claire, WI

Post by 3leggedturtle »

If any of you live close to there they have primers going for 17.99 for 1000. they only have large and small pistol primers but i bought 2 boxes of each plus Hodgon Universal for 11.99 pound and the last 2 1 pound containers of Accurate xm5744 for 14.99 each. its gonna rain and snow here in st.paul otherwise i'd go back and buy more primers, they also had alot of slow rifle powder and alot of black powder substitute left.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Todd, are they closing the store?
cecil
Levergunner

Post by cecil »

I think they are just relocating. Last time there, they had rifles and ammo for 30% off (after they marked it up 50%). Am guessing on the percents. :?:
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

I cleaned out all the good stuff out last month . :D Pickings are mighty slim.

They are building one of the bigger store just down the road. Eau Claire had the smallest Gander mountain store . They took out all the guns in Feb. The store has been pretty bare for the last month or so. Yet they aren't planning on opening the new store until middle of May. I can't figure why they pulled out merchandise so early. Last month I took the last of the H110 and H4895, mostly black powder left.

Todd I hope you went to Scheels across the street. By far a much better run store with 3 times the guns Gander had. The manager of the Gander isn't very smart. I hope they get a new one with the new store. I swear they never went across the street to compare prices with Scheels. Their Marlins would be $50 more than Scheels. When I bought a steel 22 target. Scheels was $21 and Gander $29 for the same target. There used gun prices also too high. Yet my buddy always gets great deals at the Gander in Stevens Point.

So next time your in Eau Claire make sure you stop in at Scheels.
cecil
Levergunner

Post by cecil »

Anyone been to Midwest Mercantile (downtown Eau Claire) lately?
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

I was downtown yesterday but didn't have time to stop in. Last month they were taking in a lot of guns for cash. They usually have reasonable prices.

Cecil how far from Eau Claire are you?
abcollector
Levergunner 2.0

Post by abcollector »

Must be nice to have a couple three gun store to go look around/purchase what you need. :( I remember those days, but not anymore.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

i sure

Post by 3leggedturtle »

everytime i go thru Eau Claire i stop at quik trip and get the Traders Post and then to Scheels and Gander. I usually headup the road and hit the guns shops in Chetek Rice Lake and Spooner and then go eat lunch or dinner with my aunt and uncle.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

I just got in trouble at the gunshop in Chetek. Stopped in yesterday and they had a ruger single six in 32 h&R mag with adjustable sights. I plan on stopping Monday and do some trading . But that shop is very fair on prices . My territory doesn't go as far north as Spooner. But downtown Black river falls at Moe's hardware has a ton of guns. If your looking for something ask . They have over 2000 guns in the basement, you don't always know what they have unless you ask.
cecil
Levergunner

Post by cecil »

BenT-am in Spooner. Work takes me pretty far south on 53 about 4 times a year. Usually the trips are long enough to cover the waiting period, after visiting gun shops in Eau Claire. Haven't seen a lot of deals in Mercantile, for the past couple years.

Shouldn't have mentioned the the single six in Chetek? What barrel lenght? Already got 6 1/2 incher.

This keeps up, we will have to have a NW Wi shoot? Belong to Spooner's range (IRPC).

Was zeke on old board
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Now Cecil don't running to Chetek for that 32 H&r , at least until I can get there by tuesday . It is a 6 1/2 barrel. I was planning on going ther tomorrow , not traveling with all the snow.

Yes maybe a WI/ MN levergun get together by this fall.

In order to run across good deals you need to stop in often. Mercantile had a early 70's Marlin 444 for $325 in good shape. But the mercantile isn't what was , since the old man died. His son does a good job but just doesn't have the customer base . Sometimes you don't know what your looking for until you see it.

Nice knowing your around the area Cecil.
cecil
Levergunner

Post by cecil »

BenT-if they're not overpricing it, ya outa jump on it. Am very pleased with the 6 1/2 in blued version owned. Real good with lighter lead loads, or hot rodded jhp's up into standard 45 acp power range. All that in a slim light 6 1/2 inch barrelled revolver. Looked for one for years.

Ever been to John's Bow Barrel and Bait by Birchwood? Always a worthwhile stop, when he's open. Am thinking he has a 307, 375 and 356 last time was in there. Unfortunately he now checks internet prices.

Got several good deals from Mercantile when the father was there. Haven't stopped in real regular for several years. Have found occasional deals in Scheels over the years.

Weather wise, we got slammed Thursday and Friday.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Work and family has been very busy. Pinewood derby today. So Monday is the soonest I could get back to Chetek . Rice lake is the farthest north I go for work. But is Barrel and Bait in the downtown area of Birchwood?
cecil
Levergunner

Post by cecil »

2 miles east of Birchwood on Hwy 48, then 1 mile south on Hwy F. It is well marked on west side of road, not open Mondays and Tuesdays. Best to call before driving out there, to make sure he is open.

715-354-3313

Ben-let me know if ya buy the single six in Chetek? Thanks
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Cecil, I called their yesterday and they set it a side for me until I get there on Monday.

Then once the weather gets warm I need to shoot it side by side with my other 32 H&R . The other one is the fixed sight 4 3/4 in barrel. I'll keep the one I can shoot the best the other will go.
cecil
Levergunner

Post by cecil »

BenT-also have one of the Vaqueros in 32 mag. It prefers jacketed bullets, and the cylinder throats are slightly smaller than older single six with adjustable sights. The older single six does very well with lead and jacketed.