ammo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

ammo

Post by Mescalero »

Was at the fun store picking up a gun.
The UPS man came in with a case of .22 Mag.
All sold before the ammo even got there, one guy was driving all the way from Yuma for his 4 box maximum.
Yuma is a good way from Phoenix, and it is NOT a pretty drive.
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Re: ammo

Post by Les Staley »

For the second time since Sandy Hook, I hit 22 long rifle ammo at a Walmart in Woodward Oklahoma last night. They also had a dozen or so boxes of 22 mag.. The sporting goods manager said they're getting two or three shipments a week..
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Les Staley wrote:The sporting goods manager said they're getting two or three shipments a week..
I'll bet that's what they were getting five or ten years ago; only now everyone wants it the minute they see it.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Mescalero wrote:Was at the fun store picking up a gun.
All sold before the ammo even got there, one guy was driving all the way from Yuma for his 4 box maximum.
You're right - it's not a pretty drive but then again, if you like the desert, it isn't a bad drive. Take I-10 West out of Phoenix and either 85 or 95 South and you've got a nice desert drive.

Too bad some of y'all are still short on ammo. Most calibers seem to be getting through to my area regulary and in a fair quantity these days. Shotgun ammo has never been hard to get here.
ED
Yer never too old
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Mescalero wrote:Was at the fun store picking up a gun.
I will quit shooting before I will do that.

I still have powder & ball for about 2000 rounds of muzzlestuffer if things get that bad. :D
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

Just scored a 5# jug of Reloader 19 at Sidney Cabela's...they had at least one more...FYI
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

That's incredible! I can drive 4 miles down the road and fill up the back of a pick up with all the ammo I want, or I can just take a walk down the basement and do the same thing.

It's probably going to take two or more years before the ammo supply makes it's way out west. We easterners are too busy having a good time shooting it all up, then buying it up before it has a chance to make it across the Mississippi.

If you guys get short on .22's, let me know. I'm having a sale on it for $12 a round, but you have to pay shipping. :D ---6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

peter richards
Levergunner 2.0

Post by peter richards »

Sixgun wrote:That's incredible! I can drive 4 miles down the road and fill up the back of a pick up with all the ammo I want, or I can just take a walk down the basement and do the same thing.

It's probably going to take two or more years before the ammo supply makes it's way out west. We easterners are too busy having a good time shooting it all up, then buying it up before it has a chance to make it across the Mississippi.

If you guys get short on .22's, let me know. I'm having a sale on it for $12 a round, but you have to pay shipping. :D ---6
Glad I am going shooting with you then mate, sounds like if we had of went out west we would just get to hold the rifle & yell bang. You have hooked us up well sir.
Pete
Pete
Levergunner Down Under
NRA Life Member
SSAA
SASS
WACA
Shooters & Fishers Party
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Six is laughing now, but he lives in a bad place; just wait untill the laws change.
And they will change back east before they change out west.
Six, you better get retired; sell the place while you still can get something out of it, and move out west.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Pride goes before the fall... :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Mescalero wrote:Six is laughing now, but he lives in a bad place; just wait untill the laws change.
And they will change back east before they change out west.
Six, you better get retired; sell the place while you still can get something out of it, and move out west.
Quite the contrary Mes, there is one thing that keeps low life's from living in your neighborhood.........Economics :D The low life's live in Philly, 20 miles down the road and the people here make sure the value of their real estate stays up. I'm the "poor guy" around here and I'm pushing a half mil.

This is Pennsylvania, the state where there is a gunshow every weekend and a gunclub on each corner. I'll be long dead before the laws change.

And besides. I "hear" that every culture change in this nation ALWAYS starts in Kalifornia......that's West, young man! :D -----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I don't know. I'm about as east as you can get and there isn't much for ammo here. Most centerfire trickles in a little at a time but .22's are impossible.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.