acurzr

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Silverback
Levergunner

acurzr

Post by Silverback »

I got my acurzr today!!!!

I have already tried to use it and have made some scorpion tips which look like the pictures, but the bullets are now loose in the case- they will rotate- they don't seem to move in or out of the case though. Any advice? Thanks :D
don't tread on me....
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

Shouldn't be a problem. 22 have a heeled bullet and shouldn't come out on their own. You can pretty well spin the bullet in any 22 round if you try hard enough. Have fun.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Shoot them.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
kd7kmp
Levergunner

Post by kd7kmp »

I have the same issue when I use my Accurizer. Nearly all the rounds are loose. I did go and fire off about 100 or so. To my surprise I had 8 that split their cases when fired and about 20 of them didn't cycle well in my Ruger 10/22. I haven't made any more accurized ammo since then (about 2 months ago) because of these problems.

I had tried using various degrees of 'pounding' when accurizing, but I couldn't seem to get anything that seemed consistent. If anyone had suggestions for me, I would really appreciate it.

Kevin
I've already done a search...
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

OK . . . I give, what's an "accurizer" :?:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by chadbr »

AJMD429 wrote:OK . . . I give, what's an "accurizer" :?:
Paco's 22 "adjustment" tool :)

http://www.leverguns.com/store/acurizer.htm
Silverback
Levergunner

Post by Silverback »

kd7kmp wrote:I have the same issue when I use my Accurizer. Nearly all the rounds are loose. I did go and fire off about 100 or so. To my surprise I had 8 that split their cases when fired and about 20 of them didn't cycle well in my Ruger 10/22. I haven't made any more accurized ammo since then (about 2 months ago) because of these problems.

I had tried using various degrees of 'pounding' when accurizing, but I couldn't seem to get anything that seemed consistent. If anyone had suggestions for me, I would really appreciate it.

Kevin
I hope someone can give us some guidance- :?:
don't tread on me....
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

Silverback.... I have one of the 1st. Generation of those gizmos. I have never had any loose bullets or split cases. I have never pounded on the tool. I use a brass hammer and give it a couple of good taps. It won't take long until the you get a feel for it. There is a certain combination of sound and feel that tells you the job is done.

I have tried a dozen different brands of ammo in several rifles and I have seen any significant improvment in accuracy, but neither have I seen a drop off in accuracy. They do make a very nasty vermin bullet.

I also have one of the old Hanned tools for producting a nice meplat on standard 22 LR ammo and that makes for a very nice small game round.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Gentle, grasshopper. You are deforming them too much.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Silverback
Levergunner

Post by Silverback »

[quote="Charles"]Silverback.... I have one of the 1st. Generation of those gizmos. I have never had any loose bullets or split cases. I have never pounded on the tool. I use a brass hammer and give it a couple of good taps. It won't take long until the you get a feel for it. There is a certain combination of sound and feel that tells you the job is done.

I am using a small brass hammer also- and am gently tapping 2-3 x. I did try turning the bullet in a case which i had not accurized and I could... so I guess It's not the tapping. Now to shoot..... I wish there was a chamber checker for the 22 like I have for my 38,40 and 45!! 8)
don't tread on me....
steveb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by steveb »

Follow Pacos directions that came with your tool and practice. You will get the hang and feel of it pretty quick. Nice little tool that Acu'rzr is. :)
Silverback
Levergunner

Post by Silverback »

steveb wrote:Follow Pacos directions that came with your tool and practice. You will get the hang and feel of it pretty quick. Nice little tool that Acu'rzr is. :)

Thanks- :)
don't tread on me....