Tulsa Wannamacher Gun show April 5-6

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Tulsa Wannamacher Gun show April 5-6

Post by vancelw »

The wife and I plan to spend the weekend in Tulsa and hit the guns show once or twice

(shhh...she thinks we're having a 'weekend' :D ....I also told her our African safari was a vacation :D )

Wouldn't mind shaking hands with other Levergunners there. Or even eating supper Sat night and having some drinks. PM me and I'll we can exchange cell numbers.

Does anyone know if any vendors sell black powder there? I've never used it and wouldn't mind experimenting with a couple of pounds. If I like it, I'll order a case later.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Re: Tulsa Wannamacher Gun show April 5-6

Post by GoatGuy »

vancelw - Thinking seriously about going either Sat. or Sun. Can't spend the nite...no one to feed the dogs if I'm gone over night. If I run into you and the better half, I promise not to tell her about your real plan for your "weekend together".
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
peter richards
Levergunner 2.0

Post by peter richards »

vancelw wrote:The wife and I plan to spend the weekend in Tulsa and hit the guns show once or twice

(shhh...she thinks we're having a 'weekend' :D ....I also told her our African safari was a vacation :D )

Wouldn't mind shaking hands with other Levergunners there. Or even eating supper Sat night and having some drinks. PM me and I'll we can exchange cell numbers.

Does anyone know if any vendors sell black powder there? I've never used it and wouldn't mind experimenting with a couple of pounds. If I like it, I'll order a case later.
Vancelw
I will see you there , PM sent
Pete
Pete
Levergunner Down Under
NRA Life Member
SSAA
SASS
WACA
Shooters & Fishers Party
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

M.M. Wright sometimes has a table there, haven't heard from him this Spring.

I'll be trying to peddle a 1860 Colt Richards Conversion 1st model or at least find someone to point me in the right direction.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Anxiously awaiting a call as I am on standby for a table. Didn't think I'd be able to make it this year so didn't renew last time. Will post location if I get one. May have to do Saturday morning set-up.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Yodar
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Yodar »

VANCELW:

Check out my friend Jim Thrash's table. He might have something that may interest you. I bought a nice Winchester Model 94 in .38/55 from him a few years back. His business goes by the name Sporting Collectibles. While you are there, check out the nice L.C. Smith Trap Grade that is looking for a home. It is practically in unused condition.

Have fun and say hi to Jim from Chuck for me.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Vance,
Did you see Peter and his Aussie Contingent there today?
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Yes sir. They and I wreaked havoc upon the unsuspecting in Tulsa all day yesterday and today! We had a lovely visit at Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill last night. We had to slow down and translate every now and then :D

I saw lots and lots of levers. Most were solid gold and priced accordingly, but I did manage to pick up a nice Browning 1895 in .30-40 Krag. Just couldn't resist. I have way too much stuff to shoot now. :oops:

I know my dogs are tired after walking miles and miles between all those tables. Spent two whole days and didn't see it all!