What is it about this photo?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

What is it about this photo?

Post by 7.62 Precision »

I took this photo several years ago. I posted it on the internet. I post lots of photos on the internet.

But I see this one everywhere. I have seen it on plenty of gun blogs and online magazines. I have seen it in a British newspaper article promoting gun control in the US. I have seen it on several of the US news websites.

Here is that latest - you can see it in the video - it is the one displayed before the video starts:
http://fox5sandiego.com/2014/03/19/gun- ... z2yVQFOgWM

What is it about this one picture? Does it look especially evil? Or maybe some stock photo agency picked it up and started selling it?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: What is it about this photo?

Post by Blaine »

It has all those horrible attachments that make the bullets go mo betta......
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Centennial
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Centennial »

Like the look of the Colt SAA and the Winchester '73, '92, or '94 is to the American West Frontier; your photo epitomized the American's AR/M16/M4 look of today.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

The photo plays to those who wish to represent (or think of) guns as being evil (EBR, Black rifle, assault rifle, etc), and so use it to suit their purposes/agendas.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

As a know-it-all gun-control proponent (who had never even touched a firearm of any kind, nor heard of Don Kates, Gary Kleck, or John Lott) once told me - "It's all those sticky-outy things on there that make it an 'assault weapon..." I asked her if she knew what any of those 'sticky-outy things' actually did, and she said "That's not important, that's not the point - those kinds of guns are just bad and dangerous..."

Ahh, the intellect of 'academic' anti-gun liberals. . . :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

AJMD429 wrote:As a know-it-all gun-control proponent (who had never even touched a firearm of any kind, nor heard of Don Kates, Gary Kleck, or John Lott) once told me - "It's all those sticky-outy things on there that make it an 'assault weapon..." I asked her if she knew what any of those 'sticky-outy things' actually did, and she said "That's not important, that's not the point - those kinds of guns are just bad and dangerous..."

Ahh, the intellect of 'academic' anti-gun liberals. . . :roll:
The scary thing Doc, that's how laws are passed.----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

bdhold

Post by bdhold »

the president's commitment for the balance of his administration is to attack gun rights in every way he possibly can.
ATF is his primary tool.
While Congress won't help the president, they can't stop ATF.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I feel evil just looking at it.

:twisted:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Hmm, it's only an 80% lower, yet it even has our wonder California bullet button already installed. I can't for the life of me figure out what laws an unassembled fire arm can be breaking. Then again, when has the federal government ever needed a reason for anything it does?
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

it's not about legal, it's just about power
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

They don't give a hoot if it was hot pink, they just don't want anyone to have ANY type of weapon, period. No weapons = total Kontrol
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

that is exactly right, but they can't do it all at once, and they will never be able to legislate it, so they have to chip away at it.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Hmm, going to Pendleton next week. Usually stop in at Quantico Tactical. I think I'll are Ares to the list and buy something from them if they are open.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad