Bought a tool

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
williamranks
Levergunner 3.0

Bought a tool

Post by williamranks »

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-Tek4-D ... /202223756

Spent 3 hours trying to grab a fish tape in the ceiling to pull in a new wire for the ceiling fan so I went to HD and bought this.
After checking out heating ducts (clean), ear wax and nose hairs I stuck the camera through the hole in the ceiling and hooked the tape with a coat hanger.
It also fits inside barrels bigger than .40 cal if you want to get intimate with the rifling.
In the store, I grabbed a 2' piece of 1/2" copper tubing and tried the Milwaukee scope the had on display. The Ryobi had a better picture for half the price.
HD still had old stock on the shelf with the 5/8" camera but in the back of the stack I found the new ones with the 5/16" camera.
Bill Ranks
I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
Robert A. Heinlein
bdhold

Re: Bought a tool

Post by bdhold »

nice tool.
I'm lucky and have small diameter borescopes available in the office.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

My grandson bought the same model when he was in Aviation Maintenance school, they sure are handy.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Prices have come down considerably. The shop I worked in had purchased a bore scope (more like diesel engine cylinder bore than rifle bore!) about 10 years ago and paid a hefty price ($1,000+?).
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
williamranks
Levergunner 3.0

Post by williamranks »

Found a new use for it.
Got a splinter in the bottom of my foot. Those of us who have reached maturity will understand how hard it is to even see the bottom of your foot without getting a cramp in your leg.
Found it with the camera.
Bill Ranks
I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
Robert A. Heinlein
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Been using such things for years to inspect heat exchanger tubes and the like. Started with a Rigid (don't step on them). I'm now using a Milwaukee. The 4 foot is nice, but for what I do the 9 foot is better.

I have used the shorter length to retrieve bracelets from the sink drain. It got past the trap and it made retrieving easier than pulling clean outs.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad